Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,681   Posts: 1,482,189   Online: 1059

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My new web site

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

My new web site

Oh well!

It's now or never.

I have been working on this site for a few months now. I can't say that it has been fun as I prefer to be in the darkroom. After many late nights, or should I say early mornings, I feel that I am nearly there.

http://www.silverandlight.co.uk

I have tried to make it user friendly but we are all different. Whats that saying? Some of the people, Some of the time!

As always your thoughts, hates and views will be much appreciated.

If you can please bear in mind that I have had monitor problems , now repaired, but every image in my computer needs re-adjusting/editing but I will not be doing this untill My new kit arrives.

All The Best

Stoo

P.S Be aware! I have used the 'F' word (fine)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Very nice looking site Stoo. The photographs are great, and they display well on my work monitor.

One comment about layout though.

I tend to have a very rectangular view on my browser - i.e. there is a lot of stuff at the top and bottom of the screen, and a relatively shallow window available to view the websites themselves. That is basically a function I guess of having the browser in one Window, and the rest of the stuff (work stuff actually) minimized, but available.

Work does get in the way of life, doesn't it.

This means that if a website has important information, links or buttons near the top or bottom of the window, than I have to scroll up and down a lot to be able to access things.

I didn't even realize you had a menu at the bottom of the screen until I had looked through the first two galleries. In almost all cases, I also had to move the window down to see the images, and then up to click on the button for the next image.

Menus and navigation buttons to the side of the images might work better, at least for people mixing work and photography.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Matt

Do you know, the thought hadn't even crossed my mind and the point is well taken.

If you don't see the design change, it is because I will be working on a new site while hopfully regulary updating this one. I will take your comments in to consideration for the new site.

Thank you

Stoo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MattKing View Post
    I tend to have a very rectangular view on my browser - i.e. there is a lot of stuff at the top and bottom of the screen, and a relatively shallow window available to view the websites themselves.

Work does get in the way of life, doesn't it.

This means that if a website has important information, links or buttons near the top or bottom of the window, than I have to scroll up and down a lot to be able to access things.

Matt
    No problem in this respect on my browser. All looks good.....
    except (damn those "excepts") once in the gallery you have to go back to home to access other gallery or bio or equip, etc. or keep hitting "back" button...
    This menu:
    home I about me I the equipment I landscape I within the landscape I other I bits & bobs I links I contact-buy
    should or could be at gallery bottom/top of page as well.
    The simpler you make things to navigate, the longer someone may stay IMHO.

Good job, good work
    Matt's Photo Site
    "I invent nothing, I rediscover". Auguste Rodin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by blaze-on View Post
    No problem in this respect on my browser. All looks good.....
    except (damn those "excepts") once in the gallery you have to go back to home to access other gallery or bio or equip, etc. or keep hitting "back" button...
    This menu:
    home I about me I the equipment I landscape I within the landscape I other I bits & bobs I links I contact-buy
    should or could be at gallery bottom/top of page as well.
    The simpler you make things to navigate, the longer someone may stay IMHO.

Good job, good work
    IMHO YHO matters

So thank you. Damn, more work to do!

Regards

Stoo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    The images are superb, truly. Since you asked for "hates", it's not quite as strong as hate but the spelling errors in your introduction are annoying. But it's not the words which are important but the pictures, and they are great.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Caulfield View Post
    The images are superb, truly. Since you asked for "hates", it's not quite as strong as hate but the spelling errors in your introduction are annoying. But it's not the words which are important but the pictures, and they are great.
    Kevin

Thanks for your kind words

I don't know if it is tiredness, but I have just done a quick speedy spell check. Though I admit that english was never a strong subject of mine, I didn't find any wrongly spelt words.

Time for bed maybe. I'll have a look with fresh eyes tomorrow.

Thanks for looking

Regards

Stoo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Stoo, you're welcome. I'll send you a PM.

Best regards,
    Kevin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Very nice site....only one problem I came across, the text under equipment: you have two "the"s next to each other. (ie, the the) Get some sleep first...then go back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I like it. Very nice.
    When I clicked on "equipment", some of the lines were ton top of each other so I couldn't read about 10-15% of that page.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin