Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,140   Online: 865

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Very nice site! Loads fast, nice navigation features, and works well with Firefox.
    —Eric

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I browse with a 1600 x 1200 screen. The relatively small text combined with drop shadows makes it a bit hard to read, and since you use images rather than text for the menu, the results of resizing text larger in my browser (Firefox 1.5 under linux) looks like the following image. Intentionally exaggerated a bit to show the effect clearly.

Lee
    Last edited by Lee L; 05-13-2008 at 12:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Lee...
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I increased the point size and lowered the drop shadow density on the Site Map page. How does it look now???

For those of you using I.E., I tried to tweak the Tech Data page.
    If it still hangs up, I'll have to reconstruct it with legitimate text after I get some time.

Steve...
    You've given me an Idea---
    I'm toying with the idea of creating a "Make It Yourself" page on my website to showcase things that I've made for the darkroom and photo finishing, etc.

I've converted an old B&J 5x7 monorail into a 5x7 vertical enlarger.
    I had some drawings that I sketched up for the project, but I can't find them. Unfortunately, that means I would have to use a ---shhhhh--- digital camera. You'd have to tolerate some digi snaps. Could you live with that???

Or... should I start a thread in the darkroom section to discuss some of my DYI projects? Maybe in the camera makers section?

Reinhold

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinhold View Post
    Lee...
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I increased the point size and lowered the drop shadow density on the Site Map page. How does it look now???
    Reinhold
    Much better. Both adjustments helped a lot, and I don't feel the need to resize text now. I realize that I'm a bit of an outlier, but perhaps not as much as it might initially appear. Don't know if you saw it, but you might find this thread on screen resolutions used by APUG members interesting from the perspective of a web site designer: http://www.apug.org/forums/showthread.php?t=19429

Dynamically scaling across a wide range of screen resolutions without breaking a layout is always a challenge, especially with combined text and graphics. It's still a bit bothersome, though, when a site forces you to use a small fraction of your available screen space. I also viewed at 1024 x 768, and know that you're pushing the limits on viewing a page without scrolling at that resolution.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Looks good, runs flawlessly on Safari. I like your work, as well.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    That was fun...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Problem solved!! (no more Explorer hiccups)

I finally found out what was making I.E. hang on the tech data page.

I used two simple graphic lines to separate the header and text blocks.
    Those two lines were corrupt, and are now history...
    You folks using Explorer should have no more hang-ups

If you're using iWeb, be aware that using the shapes>line command could result in a problem for folks browsing with Explorer.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin