Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,771   Posts: 1,484,322   Online: 1070

View Poll Results: Would You Like a Purchasing Discount from Light Impressions?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have never used LI and their products.

9 7.89%
  • I have never used LI and their products and have no interest in a purchasing discount.

1 0.88%
  • I have never used LI and their products and have an interest in a purchasing discount.

10 8.77%
  • I have used LI and their products and have no interest in a purchasing discount.

4 3.51%
  • I have used LI and their products and have an interest in a purchasing discount.

90 78.95%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use Light Impressions, mostly for mouting supplies. Sure is cheaper than buying it locally. They did royally mess up one of my orders and all of my requests for action went unanswered. However, I will continue to buy from them because they sell things I need that are hard to find elsewhere and are still expensive if you do find them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    But, please feel free to respond to the poll. I do want Larry to read the thread and see the outcome....
    Okay. I voted to welcome a discount as an ongoing customer.
    John Voss

My Blog

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    i was a customer for over 10 years. and had ups and downs with various orders; however, having an account rep was helpful as one could talk with the same person and developed a working relationship.

i had no trouble when they changed the way they desided to do away with my discount as i only spent a few thousand dollars a year. The problem was , i was not advised and had an order out there somewhere , and if i hadn't called to find out how things were coming along i would never had known it ; it hadn't even been touched let alone filled.

the other issue, ordering things that had to be back ordered, all the time. It got to be tiresome and at times a real problem even when ordering things weeks in advance.

i like some of their products and would like to do business again but only when i feel confident that they are going to make an attempt; a serious attempt at changing basic customer service.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Until last year when they upped the commitment to $10,000, I had a retail account with LI for several years. I spend a lot with them, but it is still shy of the new requirement. Although they did make a few mistakes over the years, most were with packaging damage and all were handled to my satisfaction and in a timely manner. Even though I was very unhappy with losing the discount, I cannot complain about any other facet of my dealings with them. I am happy they have survived and will continue to deal with them. A group discount would be very nice however. I'm sure as a group we could easily do 10,000 a year. Count me in.

Bill

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I've always had good luck with Light Impressions, never had a problem.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I use them all the time. I've never had any problems and a discount is always welcome.

Images
    I have never used them for a lot, but when I need them they come through. I have only had one mistake and they made good on it right away, when the item, that was lost somewhere in the system, did finally show up, whoever I talked too told me not to worry about sending it back. When I need to order stuff again, I will from them.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by t_nunn View Post
    I've used LI several times and not once have I had a problem. For the stuff I buy (and yes, I've compared numerous competitors) their prices are very much in line with the others.
    This is pretty much my experience. I order annually and generally get exactly what I need at a price I'm willing to pay. When they opened the CA shop, however, I grumbled a bit (and still do) about having to now pay CA sales tax on top of shipping (which isn't geting any cheaper).

I'd welcome any kind of affinity-group discount they may consider. If offered I'd buy more than the normal supplies -- I seriously need to re-do all of my neg storage systems.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used to use LI all the time, but they've just screwed up too many times for me to want to use them again. Orders shipped to a completely wrong address twice (the only similarity being the same city), damaged matboard (including the replacement), poorly manufactured sleeves (unsealed when they should have been sealed), the list goes on. I use University Products instead.
    Keith.
    Keith Taylor
    Platinum, Photogravure and Historic Process Editions
    Website | Weblog | Google+ | Facebook
    2011 Minnesota Center for Book Arts/Jerome Foundation Mentorship Program recipient

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    My opinions shouldn't carry much weight, with only a few hundred dollars a year in purchases over many years. However, despite a recent decline in delivery time, I intend to continue buying from them, discount or not, as long as they are competative.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin