Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,171   Online: 787

View Poll Results: Would You Like a Purchasing Discount from Light Impressions?

Voters
114. You may not vote on this poll
  • I have never used LI and their products.

9 7.89%
  • I have never used LI and their products and have no interest in a purchasing discount.

1 0.88%
  • I have never used LI and their products and have an interest in a purchasing discount.

10 8.77%
  • I have used LI and their products and have no interest in a purchasing discount.

4 3.51%
  • I have used LI and their products and have an interest in a purchasing discount.

90 78.95%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by naturephoto1 View Post
    It would probably be set up based on an account code specific to APUG members.
    I think this should be Apug subscribers, not members.
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy Moore View Post
    I think this should be Apug subscribers, not members.
    Hi Jeremy,

When I discussed the possibility of discount with Larry Proctor, I suggested it for all members (not differentiating Members from Subscribers). Nothing has been discussed with Sean about the discount. I took this upon myself for investigation to benefit both LI and the APUG membership. If Sean, David, Ole, and John think it appropriate that only Subscribers receive a discount, I will suggest it to Larry. Obviously, a larger base for APUG purchases would benefit LI as well as the purchaser.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge
    http://www.nelridge.com

Gim

I thought enough of LI to purchase their lifetime subscription to "The Light Impressions Review" in the mid 80's. I think it apparently was also discontinued in the mid 80's. I'm a pretty small buyer of their products compared to the big guys and have not purchased from them for two years or so. I have now backed away from them because of problems stated in this forum. If they have things straighted out I would probably go back to buying from them. An APUG discount would be greatly appreciated.
    Jim

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    I've been buying from LI for a few years now and spend a few thousand dollars with them each year. There has been a few mistakes on their behalf, but nothing serious that was not fixed right away. For example, they shipped my order to my BILLING address instead of my SHIPPING address a few times, but they had FedEx pick up the packaged and I had it 2 days later at no cost to me. Another time I had some matboard get slightly foxed on the corner, however they sent me out a replacement RIGHT away.

So all in all...I've been VERY pleased with their products and their service and will continue to buy from them for the years to come. A small 10-15% discount would actually make me buy more from them, since everytime I get one of their discount cards in the mail I usually place a huge order!

All the best,

Ryan McIntosh
    www.RyanMcIntosh.net

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've used LI for years and only had one problem which was resolved. While I do think their prices are on the high side, it is the price mark-up on the shipping that I object to. Now I only order when there is a free shipping offer.

I have to agree that a discount should only apply to subscribers. Say a "subscriber only" link to LI. with automatic discount. I would think that that would benefit both LI and APUG.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The service at LI is abominable. They also apply outrageous shipping charges. I used to use them exclusively. I wouldn't waste my time with them anymore.
    Don Sigl
    www.drs-fineartphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I spent between $5-7,000 per year with LI in the 90's. I have not had a successful transaction with Light Impressions since they moved to California and stopped using them. If they want to stay in business they should clean house in customer service, and use a fulfillment warehouse in the middle of the continent that has negotiated favorable shipping rates-and pass the savings on to the customers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nothing new from me, just to corroborate. I have been buying mounting supplies from them since the 80's. Great products (always), but, as others have mentioned, inconsistent and frustrating service since the move to CA. Orders don't arrive 2 weeks later, a call reveals it hasn't been shipped and now they are out of the style of frame, but they did agree (after I pushed) to ship a different (and more expensive molding) for the same price. Stuff like that. They screw up, but are polite about helping you recover.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Hi George,

I spoke to Larry Proctor of LI earlier today. I directed him to this thread and the poll so that he could try to digest our discussions and the poll. I know he was looking at the thread as I directed him to it. I know that what we have to say is of real concern to LI. I am sure that Larry will try to address the concerns and in most likelihood will bring these concerns to the attention of the new President. They do want to improve things for their business and make an attempt to improve service. With the number of people here at APUG interested in their products I hope that LI will be able to grant us a reasonable discount.

Rich
    Richard A. Nelridge

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have received an e-mail from Larry Proctor of LI. He has looked at this thread and the poll. As Larry has indicated many of the comments were painful to read but it is valuable feedback. Larry has indicated that many of the mentioned problems have been solved, but there is much more to do.

Larry has requested a 15% key code for APUG members to be put into effect for 1 year and would be up for review and renewal at that time. Larry has also stated: "Whilethis key code can not be used with any other offer I feel it can be of benefit when used with quantity discounts in our catalog."

Larry wants to submit this formally in writing. However, since Sean (who maintains his American citizenship) resides in New Zealand I am not sure if the letter should be addressed to him. Since most of the membership that would take part in this discount reside in the US and Canada, it may be more appropriate for the letter to be sent to either David Goldfarb or John Callow to act as proxy.

I will send David a PM regarding this question.

Rich
    Last edited by naturephoto1; 11-08-2006 at 01:44 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Richard A. Nelridge

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin