Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,055   Online: 954

Shooter
    35mm

Selling Avenue for Hand Made Prints

I have run across a site that allows persons to list hand made arts crafts, etc. for sale. It might be a good place for some traditional prints to be offered by those that would be interested in using this sales model.

If you choose to list, be certain to list your printing process in the description, to qualify your print as hand made. I made an inquiry regarding digital prints represented as hand made on the site, and they seem to be in the process of reviewing photo listings. Several have been deleted. It would be nice if actual hand made photography was well represented on the site. I am going to list a few prints over the next couple of days.

Other than the afore mentioned email correspondence I have no affiliation or vested interest in the site.

http://www.etsy.com/index.php
    Last edited by JBrunner; 11-10-2006 at 11:39 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The site is down right now for upgrades but the concept sounds interesting. I'll check it out. Thanks for pointing it out.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi all....I've listed some of my other artwork on Etsy this year, and have had two sales. In general, it's great for artsy craftsy stuff priced under $20, but there are some who do well there. Photo prints seem to sell for $20 and under, so do some research into it before you spend a lot of time uploading photos. Still, it's inexpensive, and wouldn't hurt to try! I plan to add some of my photos once they have some of the bugs worked out of their recent huge upgrade.

bobbi c.
    http://www.bobbichukran.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Looks like most of the photos are digital + digital output.. for example: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=5003741

hmm..

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I agree - an interesting interpretation of 'hand-made'. Still, I might give it a shot just to see how it goes.

- Randy

Shooter
    35mm
    Well, apparently they have no concept of "handmade" when it comes to photography, judging from the load of inkjet crap etc. that predominates. I have pulled my listings, and I'm sorry I posted about this in the first place. Bummer- seemed a promising concept.

Images
    Maybe they need to be educated. Point them this way, and I am sure plenty of us can tell them just what hand made is, in the photo world.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    Maybe they need to be educated. Point them this way, and I am sure plenty of us can tell them just what hand made is, in the photo world.
    Already tried. Talking to the wind. (money blowing in it, where they are concerned.) Its justa pitchur.

Images
    Ahhhhh....money. CLouds many people's perceptions of reality.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin