Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,508   Online: 972

Shooter
    4x5 Format

Comments on my Website

I struggled for a long time to get my website to what I had imagined. I owuld love some feedback on it! Thanks.
    http://www.howarthphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    First off, I *love* the light leak below the menu. That's excellent. I won't steal the idea but I wish I'd thought of it!

Second, I like your site but I think you're designing for a higher screen resoulution than I would consider "safe." I'm still at a point where I'd design a site like this to obviate scrolling for 1024x768 resolution. I don't think larger displays are common enough *yet* for designing beyond that.

Many sites are designed with scrolling as a central aspect and that's fine...but when I see a site that just barely requires scrolling, I suspect the intent is for at-a-glance-viewing, which I applaud.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Looks good, but I'll have to give it a closer look after I get home this evening.
    Robert M. Teague
    www.visionlandscapes.com
    www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=2235

"A man who works with his hands is a laborer; a man who works with his hands and his brain is a craftsman; a man who works with his hands and his brain and his heart is an artist" -- Louis Nizer

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like your website and the navigation is great. Photos look good too. Good job.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you guys! I agree with the scrolling issue but I plan to add photos to the galleries as I get around to scanning more so there would be a need to scroll more in the future.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Really nice site.

Scrolling is just a fact of life these days.

The whole issue of thumbnail size and final image size
    is pretty subjective. I know that we don't want people to
    download and use images without permission.

However, we also want to show off some level of tonality/color/etc
    in the largest images.

Anyway - very good job, I know all too well how much work
    goes into this stuff.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin