Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,271   Online: 1109

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Danke Ente - a website

I've been working on this passively for the last few months, but now school is over I hope to get it all rounded off to a smoothly functioning state. It's pretty basic at this stage, but gets the job done.

DankeEnte.com
    Danke Ente translates roughly to "Thank you, duck" in German...I like ducks, and it's unique. The little scribble in the top left is meant to look like a duck if you stare at it for long enough. The text below the banner is randomly chosen from a list of 50 I came up with, it relates to a long-term project I'm doing. Any suggestions and comments would be great, as I have plenty of time to make the improvements before an official launch.
    The only thing right now is some of the films listed under each photo aren't accurate, need to do some cleaning there. The project section is also down while I make it into something actually useful.

As far as the technical factors to, it validates and conformed to HTML 4.01 Transitional, and the CSS validates as well. Every thing's run from a set of mySQL databases to manage images and so on. It displays well in both IE and Firefox, but I haven't tried with Opera - any error reports are appreciated.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Alex, I really like the about section with the quotations. Very funny.
    Robert Hall
    www.RobertHall.com
    www.RobertHall.com/mobile
    Apug Portfolio
    Facebook Profile

Technology is not a panacea. It alone will not move your art forward. Only through developing your own aesthetic - free from the tools that create it - can you find new dimension to your work.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It works fine with Opera too, Alex.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Alex,

A website (portfolio or otherwise) is an everchanging thing and I think you're off to a great start. Correct me if I'm wrong but you're still in high school and this will be just one of many versions you will be creating. The important thing is you've started the momentum. Believe me, getting that momentum is the hardest part, once you start moving it's a lot easier to keep it going.

Keep it up and good job.

Alan.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think it works very well.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Huzzah! Excellent, thanks very much for the feedback. And yeah, all the quotes are real , I just asked some friends to contribute. I'd feel weird having too many positive and formal things said about me, luckily they were quite understanding.
    As of a week ago, I'm finished highschool too with any luck, I'm off to university in 2008 - I'm studying business next year. I'll keep working on it over summer, I have some ideas to make it a bit more informative and clean - thanks again.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin