Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,279   Posts: 1,534,855   Online: 763

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by percepts View Post
    Not working in OS X concerns me. Difficult for me to test since I only have access to a PC. Please can you tell me which browser and version you are using on OSX and also whether the thumbnail image changes to a text title when you rollover it. anyone else on MAC got this problem?
    It seems to be a problem with Apple's Safari browser rather than OS X. The rollover works with both Camino and Firefox on a Mac running 10.4.8, but not with Safari. Otherwise, it looks the same in all the browsers I'm using. Very nice!

Keith.
    Keith Taylor
    Platinum, Photogravure and Historic Process Editions
    Website | Weblog | Google+ | Facebook
    2011 Minnesota Center for Book Arts/Jerome Foundation Mentorship Program recipient

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks for that info.

Safari must have a different implementatoin of the hover pseudo class than firefox (for the technically minded). And IE is different again but I've catered for that (I hope).

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have put in a fix to make the link from the thumbnails work on Safari. The rollover won't show the title in safari but the link should be OK I hope.

If someone with safari could confirm that it would be much appreciated.

thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    I agree with the comment that it looks gloomy. Especially the opening page where the photo blends with the background to the detriment of the page. The opening page has to be eye catching and easy navigation has to follow. You catch or lose potential customers here.

I am on I.E. by the way.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by percepts View Post
    I have put in a fix to make the link from the thumbnails work on Safari. The rollover won't show the title in safari but the link should be OK I hope.
    If someone with safari could confirm that it would be much appreciated.
    thanks
    Works fine now in Safari.

Keith.
    Keith Taylor
    Platinum, Photogravure and Historic Process Editions
    Website | Weblog | Google+ | Facebook
    2011 Minnesota Center for Book Arts/Jerome Foundation Mentorship Program recipient

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hmmm,

In what I can see, the work looks to be top notch and good quality, but without being able to see a larger image, I can say that it would hold my attention long or drive me to want to come back for a look see. I find the rollover to title distracting, and only using the center of the screen seems to limit what you can do with the website, on my 21" monitor at very high resolution it seems like a big waste of space that can be used to display larger images for judgement of quality for a purchase choice..beings your from the UK, I would say the color scheme matches the mood of many of your images, I myself like grays and blacks, so I am not bothered by that aspect, but again, only using the center of the page is a bit disconcerting to me..

But what I can see of the images, again the photographic works looks like it is high quality.

Dave

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Admendem, sorry, I figured out how to see a larger image, I was not seeing a link in the mouse over, but I still think that you could use some more realestate to show the image.

Just my .02

Dave

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thanks all for replies and suggestions.

Keith, thanks for testing the rollover for me. I took a look at your site and love the wordpress theme you have used and how you've implemented it.
    Beautiful images too.

Dave, I have to consider that 40% of users are still on 1024x768 screen resolution. If the design was made for 21 inch screens and 1600x1200 screen resolution then most people would get a really bad viewing experience.
    If you follow the view in frame link, then the images should not be too small on your screen.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    So this time my mood for having a dark website didn't last very long. It's gone pure white again. For better or worse? Comments?

http://www.visualperception.net/

p.s. images in there are just what was scanned a long time ago and are not finshed quality.

RAP

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Time & tides wait for no one, especially photographers.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin