Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,050   Posts: 1,561,150   Online: 782

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Looks great Jason. I look forward to seeing the final site!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Actually updating it, or changing it back is very easy with the design I am using, it only becomes a graphic when I upload it. Its just a check box. My reasoning is that not everybody has these fonts in their computer, so with the graphical text the apearance is consistent from machine to machine. Do you think that it is enough of a non-issue, that I should go back to regular text?
    The font is georgia.
    The real issue is spacing. Things can start to move around when different fonts start filling in spaces that are tightly planned. It shouldn't be to much of an issue with Georgia, since those machines which do not have it will substitute (probably) Times. (OK, time for the type guys to chime in and give me lots of grief here.) I don't happen to think it makes that big a difference with a site that uses little text and a serif font. IT'S ALL ABOUT THE IMAGES.

Good looking site, Jason. Classy, understated and, of course, filled with great pictures.

wfe
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Looks very good Jason and I too experienced the same thing as Ari clicking on the nude. Men are pigs and we go immediately to the bare bottom.

Cheers,
    Bill
    ~Bill
    "Real Art is a Thin Breath Exhaled Amidst a Struggle in the Mind"
    Fine Art and Portraits

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Looks good. FWIW, "portraits" is misspelled.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Schultz View Post
    Looks good. FWIW, "portraits" is misspelled.

Doh!!!

[fixed, thanks]
    Last edited by JBrunner; 12-06-2006 at 08:37 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wfe View Post
    Looks very good Jason and I too experienced the same thing as Ari clicking on the nude. Men are pigs and we go immediately to the bare bottom.

Cheers,
    Bill
    Well, I went immediately to the "Holga" gallery and got the same message, so nyahhh. What would be nice, while waiting for the galleries to be populated, would be enabling the alluring thumbnails to be clicked on for a larger image. In its current form they remain thumbnails and only link to the "Check back" message. Just a thought. Minor nitpick.

The site looks good, navigates easily, and I dig the black background. Very nice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I too apprciate the very clean, almost minimalist, look. I have only minor suggestions:

- comment on the lasting, archival nature of the prints in "about the prints" (even though it's mentioned in the description of each image)
    - increase the vertical spacing of the links on the left.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jason,

some lovely images - they make me realise just how much work I have to do to improve my own.
    One thought: I wonder whether a thin white border around the pics might help? Some of them tend to get a bit lost in the black background. It might just help them stand out a bit more.

Just my 0.2p worth...

Cheers
    Mark Pope
    Swindon, Wilts
    UK

http://www.monomagic.co.uk

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Hi all, I've got my website to beta status. The galleries still need to be fully populated, but the overall feel and function are in place. Comments and suggestions are welcome.

Also, anybody that wants to exchange links, please PM me.

http://www.jasonbrunner.com

J Brunner
    Jason,
    Nice beginning to your website. Clean design and easy to naviigate as others have already noted. In the, About the Print section, you used as much space in the first paragraph telling the viewer what your work "ISN'T" as you did telling them what it "IS." Your use of traditional photgraphy is fine, just don't beat a dead horse over the non-digtal issues. 99% of those visiting will see "traditional photography" and know immediately your approach.
    Good luck!
    Walker

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I like it, simple design and easy to navigate, well done.

Peter
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin