Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,231   Posts: 1,532,886   Online: 1010

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I use the firefox "web developer" extension the most. Good for checking standards compliance and other stuff. Also good for showing outlines of block level elements so yo can see whats overlapping.
    Percepts,
    An old dog learning new tricks...

Black and White Landscape Prints

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by percepts View Post
    I use the firefox "web developer" extension the most. Good for checking standards compliance and other stuff. Also good for showing outlines of block level elements so yo can see whats overlapping.
    I use that one too but I'm just getting familiar with it's features.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know if I'm commited to the idea of "comments" on my gallery images but I've employed WordPress as a tool for enabling them:

Michael Newman - Gallery

I create a blog article for the image and then put the link to the articles comments in the gallery items caption. I tried to keep it very simple.

This also gives me a place where I can put information about the image/print.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You can always switch them off if you don't want them.

How about making the big image from the gallery open in the same window with a return/back button

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by percepts View Post
    You can always switch them off if you don't want them.

How about making the big image from the gallery open in the same window with a return/back button
    The one that uses a pop-up now? That's probably beyond my abilities to modify the script. I haven't even been able to modify the script yet so that all popups use the same window, rather than each popping up a new one. Though, a coworker thought that being able to have more than one open, full-sized was a good thing...so I don't know. Within the limits of my PHP skills I'm about as close to where I'd want this to be as I'm going to be able to get, I'm afraid.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I decided to make a calling card that reflects the design of the site.

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    When I made my site at the first time I put something about equipment as you did. Later on I changed my mind and removed it at all. Some bad guys might be spot it so my home is a target for robbers. Also potential customer will not buy a photograph because you use EOS camera. Many even do not know what is it. I think that technical stuff, like equipment, should be avoided and use the space for something that is more close to customers. Just my opinion. Overall I think your site is above average. Good luck.
    www.Leica-R.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    By the way, I would add to the calling card the phone number and the city (area) where you live and you are giving service.
    www.Leica-R.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin