Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,047   Posts: 1,610,812   Online: 954

Thread: Suggestions

Shooter
    35mm

Suggestions

Browsing back on the pleasant APUG community after a period of intense work (my first exhibitions and photography related job) and pleasant vicissitudes (got married, my first son is born, etc) I'm eager to ask suggestions from you, more experienced professional, amateur and whatever (my category) photographers.

I don't think I'll ever manage to "go pro" (live on photography) unless I dedicate a little more time to the art, I am conscious of this. But nonetheless I still enjoy (and find the time) to work on some photographic projects every now and then that I do manage to sell sometimes.

But that's mainly when digital & color is involved.

B&W film photography seems tougher. I find many satisfactions in creating and printing (completing the creation) b&w prints but there's seems to be no market or I'm not following the right ways. For now I've pubblished my website a few years from now and I keep it frequently updated. I've also exhibited my works in local "pubs", or equivalent to them, that organize these events for the artistic community.

Any suggestions on how to improve would help me and many others in similar situations.

Thanks!

Alessandro
    alfa | alessandro

Shooter
    35mm
    nothing?
    not a word? a sign? a thought?
    alfa | alessandro

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by alfa View Post
    Any suggestions on how to improve would help me and many others in similar situations.
    Hi Alessandro,

I think most APUG'ers are gone for the holidays, and your question may be too big! Maybe try asking more specific questions in the Forums they relate to?

As for me, I have a day job I like and only take photographs to satisfy myself. That keeps me busy, as I'm always trying to get better...each lesson learned creates more questions, which leads to further growth, which demands better control, etc...

Murray

Shooter
    35mm
    thanks Murray
    I'll try sectioning my requests a little bit more then

not easy though :rolleyes:
    alfa | alessandro

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin