Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,689   Posts: 1,548,774   Online: 1275

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, yes...

I still have to solve the image not fittin in a window problem.

Argh! I'll just start from scratch.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I know how frustrating it is to work on a website design. Trust me, I have THREE sites I need to either design or re-design. I've farmed the work out to a graphic designer friend of mine, I'm so frustrated by it.

As to the background, it should be consistent across the entire site - either all pages white, or all pages gray, or black, or whatever. You want to make a consistent identity for your site. If you have the background different for the low-key bike shots, as opposed to the rest of the site, it will make it seem even more like it is two different sites altogether, and people will not realize it is by the same artist as the rest of the work.

The workaround to the frustration of the filed-out images looking like they're popped out of the gray background would be to fill the image area around them with the same color gray as you're using for the page background. This is of course also tedious and annoying (I didn't say it would be a FUN solution). My recommendation would be to find a graphic designer you know and ask for some overall advice. See if they'd be willing to do a little trade-for-services kind of deal to get you a template you can use when you want to add more images.

Hang in there! we're with you on this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin