Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,556   Posts: 1,573,158   Online: 774

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Small suggestion, but I think you ought to make the word portfolios on your home page a link to the portfolio page and not just the image on the page. I first tried clicking the word and found that it wasn't a link. I do think it is a very attractive site and, of course, your work is fabulous.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul, good catch. I've fixed that, worked a bit on the editing as Suzanne suggested, and added an "about me" page.

I started to work on those white borders, got frustrated, and gave up. I'm going to search for some way to process those images in batches.

André

Somewhere between Weert and Roermond, The Netherlands
    Shooter
    35mm

Improvement website

Hello Andre,

To increase visitors fill in at the photo-properties also the alternate text line. It will be used by search engines to create a link to your site.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre R. de Avillez View Post
    Paul, good catch. I've fixed that, worked a bit on the editing as Suzanne suggested, and added an "about me" page.

I started to work on those white borders, got frustrated, and gave up. I'm going to search for some way to process those images in batches.

André
    IF you have access to Photoshop, you can make it a batch action, and run it on an entire directory. It may take a bit of tinkering to make sure it works exactly as you want it, but once you get the technique consistent, you can knock it all out in one shot with a few mouse-clicks. If you do this, make sure you have a backup copy of all files before you run the batch, in case it doesn't consistently transform every file.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately I don't have photoshop... I use GIMP for now, and as far as I know it can't do batch processing.

I don't know... to be honest I see a little charm in those white borders. But maybe I'm just rationalizing now.

Marcel,

I'll see what I can do about that. Thanks for the hint.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    With the pure black-and-whites, now that I look at them more, it may not be a bad idea to keep the white borders, especially since you're doing the filed-out carrier thing. Helps set the image off from the background a little, and lets viewers know that the filed-out border is part of the image, and not a decorative pattern applied in an image-editing program.

Shooter
    35mm
    It looks pretty clean to me. Two smallish things: Some of the fonts are a little boring, esp, the prominant "Portfolio" on the front page, I don't mean to use something fancy, just that I'd look at a few others. I could also use slightly bigger thumbnails on the gallery page, though you may have a reason for the size I imagine.

It's better than mine for sure. Because I-aint-got-one-yet!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin