Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,920   Posts: 1,522,030   Online: 911

View Poll Results: You've got a webshop?

Voters
46. You may not vote on this poll
  • No thanks

7 15.22%
  • yeah it's making me rich

7 15.22%
  • yes because everybody else has some too

3 6.52%
  • Not yet

29 63.04%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

How Much (income does your website generate)????

Hi,

Many of us do have a website and there are a lot of photographers who are having some text about there work is for sale,
    So I'm curious how much everybody here sell's through there personal website?? Is al the work involved building this webshopstyle part of your site paying itself back? Or is it something you have because everybody has it too.

ijsbeer

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by ijsbeer View Post
    Hi,

Many of us do have a website and there are a lot of photographers who are having some text about there work is for sale,
    So I'm curious how much everybody here sell's through there personal website?? Is al the work involved building this webshopstyle part of your site paying itself back? Or is it something you have because everybody has it too.

ijsbeer
    A lot depends on how you define 'payback'. Do you mean covering site costs; or site-plus-creation costs (scanning, etc.); or a realistic hourly rate for all the hours of work you put in creating the pictures?

Under the last definition, I suspect that very few people earn minimum wage.

Cheers,

R.

Shooter
    Large Format
    If it's a help, the minimum wage just went up to $8.00 per hour here. Do the math.

Sorry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Poor choice of questions . . . . .

What about the fact that I have 3 webshops, all fully functional but none in actual use at the moment.

Why ? To test out and learn the software and problems involved, one is for a musician who's website I've written, and will go live soon.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have a simple site that I created a while ago, but I never intended to make a living (good thing eh?) off my photographic efforts - photography is my hobby and I like it that way. Having said that, what I do offer (selected prints only) is the best quality that I can produce and represents the best work that I have to offer...

- Randy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a variety of websites, including one for my photography but I've made no move to try and sell work online.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My website will be 13 years old this year and has, without a doubt, become the most important aspect of my business and creative life aside from my work.

Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    13 years is impressive. I built my first sites in '95. People that were going online with sites in '94 were bleeding edge adopters.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. In velit arcu, consequat at, interdum sit amet, consequat in, quam.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jstraw View Post
    13 years is impressive. I built my first sites in '95. People that were going online with sites in '94 were bleeding edge adopters.
    A lot thought I was wasting my time learning all that code! Some would actually laugh at my optimism about the media. When I started the site a search for photographers would bring less than 100 results.

Bill
    Last edited by billschwab; 01-18-2007 at 10:48 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I’ve had a web presence for several years now. Whether it pays for itself or not has never been an issue for me. I sell my work through a few Galleries but mostly through Art Fairs. I have considered making my site into a webshop but I’m not sure that would pay off.

I buy a considerable amount of art, but I have never bought a piece of art that I have not personally seen. I know that there are people who do and I have sold things that way, but usually, with my work at least, they have seen examples and know the quality even though they haven’t seen the particular image.

I probably get 4 or 5 customers a year who call or e-mail me and basically say, “How do I buy this?” We work out the details and I ship it to them. All of these people have seen my work at a show or gallery at some point and now that they are ready to buy, they look me up on the web. Would I get more orders if they could just purchase on line? Probably, but I doubt if it would pay for the overhead of that feature.

One of the drawbacks of art fairs is that you are there for a few days and then you’re gone. I get a lot of calls from people several months after a show who want to purchase something they’ve seen but they would like to look at it again, just to be sure. My web site is perfect for that and that is why I set it up in the first place.

Jerome

http://www.jeromehawkins.com/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin