Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,976   Posts: 1,523,648   Online: 1097

Shooter
    Multi Format

Framing supplies

I don't think I quite got my wording right in the first thread so her goes. If the frame shop I manage can beat Light Impression prices ,how many people would be interested in mail order supplies? If there is enough interest we will get together with Sean and start advertising on Apug.

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    what kind of supplies, just frames, windows, just mat boards, etc.

Can you cut 8ply board, and what brands of matt board will be avilable.

If you can deliever what i use then i would be interested.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Images View Post
    If the frame shop I manage can beat Light Impression prices ,how many people would be interested in mail order supplies?
    I really like LI's Exeter Board pre-cut mats mainly because the Gallery White color is optimal for the color of my prints (Ilford MGIV selenium toned glossy paper). If there were similar material available from you, I'd be very interested. Even if you only offered uncut standard sheets of Exeter or something very close, I'd consider buying from you. BTW, where is your shop? You've no location in your ID. Shipping costs might also be a factor.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Images View Post
    I don't think I quite got my wording right in the first thread so her goes. If the frame shop I manage can beat Light Impression prices ,how many people would be interested in mail order supplies? If there is enough interest we will get together with Sean and start advertising on Apug.
    If I were you, I would keep it simple and start with something akin the the Exeter rag board in the standard sizes and full sheets, dry mount paper, and Neilsen frames. Otherwise you would need a full catalog, etc. Also, LI offers bulk discounts and has periodic free shipping etc.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

mat cutters

i use the esterly junior 2028

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I have been on the lookout for a source for reasonably priced wood frames about 1 1/4 to 1 1/2" wide, simple profile, in black. LI has them, but their shipping just seems outrageous. I can't find a profile I like at American Frame, which has been my framing store of choice to date.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The mats will be cresent, bainbridge,and artique. The frames are to be determined. We do mostly wood frames because metal ,despite what some might say, is more expensive comparatively. Were located in Tempe,Az. Yes I can cut 8ply. We can provide most supplies that relate to framing. Just give me a list of wants and we'll see what we can do. Hopefully that answers questions to date, let me know if I missed something. Lyle

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin