Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,517   Posts: 1,572,178   Online: 1057

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

UK Frame Supplier

Does anyone have any recommendations for suppliers of Nielsen Bainbridge (although open to other suggestions) frames in the UK? I've used one supplier before, but they don't actually stock the frames, mearly send the order on to the UK distributor, charging the full amount even if you're not going to see half the order for two months.

Thanks,

Tom.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    personally I go for pre cut/mitred mouldings from either from Arqadia or Lion and buy glass the size I want. May work out a little more expensive but you are not limited to ready made sizes and you'll get better service than dealing with neilsen direct who, the last time I tried, had admin staff who were completely incompetant. I think it took 6 calls re-explaining the same thing over and over before they finally understood the mistake which was theirs in the first place. I will never deal with them again.

Look at http://www.arqadia.co.uk or http://www.lionpic.co.uk/

both the above deal only with trade but you are a pro photographer so that counts OK. Request a catalogue from both of them. Arqadia`s aluminium mouldings are excellent. Lion supply absolutely anything you want for framing.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Percepts,

Thanks very much for those links. It can be difficult to judge different suppliers from a Google search alone.

Tom.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You're welcome.

I would stress to get their catalogues first because they both have a huge range of stuff available and neither of them have very good websites. However, both deliver very promptly, especially arqadia who provide a chop service for mouldings with next day delivery. If its aluminium frames you are looking for, the clip system arqadia and lion use is infinitely better than the system ready made neilsen alu frames use which make it impossible to seal the back of the frame properly. I think arqadia ready mades are infact neilsen which is one of the reasons why buying cut mouldings is a better option IMO.

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    www.fastframes.co.uk

They have a defined section for Nielsen amd a wide range.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Tom

Also try this link...http://www.tradeframes.co.uk/

I think they are the same people as Fast frames. Fastframes stopped trading for a little while. When I recieved my next order, all the emails, links etc were for tradeframes. Exactly the same packing etc, but came from london, not Norwich.

Interestingly, the receipt was headed as Nielson Bainbridge UK.

Very fast delivery, and reasonable prices aswell.

Hope this helps.

Stoo

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Stoo Batchelor View Post
    Interestingly, the receipt was headed as Nielson Bainbridge UK.

Stoo
    Yes. This was the supplier used. The invoice is headed Nielsen Bainbridge UK because the stock comes directly from the UK distributor, if they don't have the item in stock then you have to wait until the product becomes available again from the manufacturer.

Tom.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    Yes. This was the supplier used. The invoice is headed Nielsen Bainbridge UK because the stock comes directly from the UK distributor, if they don't have the item in stock then you have to wait until the product becomes available again from the manufacturer.

Tom.
    Tom

I feel that youself, along with many others, will not find what you are looking for. I have searched high and low for a U.K supplier of Nielson Bainbridge and I thought I had found one, that was untill you told us the above. I am not unhappy though, as I have been lucky in the fact that the frames I have needed have always been in stock and with me in the next post.

I do ask myself sometimes if Nielson Bainbridge deserve my custom, as I have emailed them many times and never had a reply! It is always the way, when a company get as large as them, they more often than not, stop caring!

Stoo

Datchet, Berkshire UK- about 20 miles west of London
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well if you don't much like FastFrames - which I must admit have served me pretty well- then try Great Art wwwGreatart.co.uk who sell Nielsen and other frames, the former appearing to be sourced from Nielsen's German operation rather than the UK.

Actually Nielsens distribution policy in the UK does appear hard to understand. They appear to want to work through retail and framer distributors rather than supply small quantities direct to end users, which I can understand;but I've also had Fastframe orders delivered by Nielsen themselves. They supply me direct on mounting materials, and then you get the utter joy of trying to work out which of the UK codes relates to what product numbers from Germany if you place a frames order on Great Art.

Still, keeps the mind active I guess!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    How does aluminium frames from Lion compare to Nielsen&Bainbridge in terms of quality?

I'm looking on this:
    http://www.lionpic.co.uk/product/M-1...Chop,9016.aspx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin