Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,695   Posts: 1,549,054   Online: 1035

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Glass

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Ralph,

I am very sorry about that. Thanks for letting me know.
    This will work much better:
    glass vs acrylic

I was testing new product pages on our staging website. I checked the link and of course it worked fine for me. I also changed it my original post.

Cheers,
    mark

Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    That's what I got:

[I]You are not authorized to view this page

The Web server you are attempting to reach has a list of IP addresses that are not allowed to access the Web site, and the IP address of your browsing computer is on this list.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just paid $50 for a piece of glass to protect a mid sized watercolor. Having printed on the old tektronix iiiPXi for some years, in which the magenta ink was extremely transient, I am suspicious about glass or plastic that doesn't offer lots of uv protection. For any purpose, pigment, dyes, or prints made by conventional chemical means.

Reflections are no fun. However, a lot depends on HOW displays are lit. The best lighting considers the way reflections work. Angle of incidence = angle of reflection. A spotlight mounted overhead which illuminates the art at an angle of 45° or so will reflect that light down toward the viewer's feet and won't be visible as a distraction. Then, if the room itself is kept fairly dark, the light coming from the viewer which would cause the viewer to be reflected on the surface will be insignificant, and will be overcome by the light on the subject. Little or no distracting reflection.

By the way, this is a great way to photograph art under glass, or which has a highly reflective surface of its own. Better than polarizers on a copy stand or copy board in most studios, a single spotlight as far from the copy as possible in an otherwise darkened room works great. If the light is far enough from the copy, the difference in illumination on the near and far sides of the copy will be so trivial as to be undetectable. I've done this in the summer outdoors on dark nights. The only issue there is that the light attracts moths. They get toasted and smell bad.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin