Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,892   Posts: 1,520,858   Online: 1190

Hi all

I'm using mount tissues for mounting my FB prints. Because I haven't got a mounting press I'm abusing my iron – which works fine. However, I'll need something to protect my print during ironing and one would normally use something like silicon release paper. This is quite expensive and a roll will probably last for a couple of life-times.
    I wonder if you know of any cheaper alternatives instead of using silicon release paper. Or perhaps you may want to tell me your secrets of how to mount FB prints without using expensive gear.
    Cheers
    Stephan

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have been doing the same thing, but I just use a sheet of hot-pressed watercolor paper to protect the print. Try it out on some throw-aways to see if it is satisfactory for you.
    art is about managing compromise

ann

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Years ago, before I had a press I used brown "Kraft" paper. Worked great. Very cheap. considering the cost of seal release sheets. A whole roll lasted years.
    http://www.aclancyphotography.com

Hi Ann, what is Kraft paper?
    Cheers
    Stephan

Kraft paper is the plain brown wrapping paper often used to wrap packages that will be sent through the Post.
    - William Levitt

Thanks for all your suggestions. The Kraft paper seems to work quite well
    Cheers
    Stephan

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin