Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,456   Posts: 1,570,569   Online: 829

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

New Source for Matboard in Toronto area

Since Rising board became unavail I have been forced to do some checking around and it paid off. I have discovered a Wholesale Framing shop tucked away in an industrial mall. This is a very low overhead, down to Earth, friendly kind of place. It is called "Quality Custom Framing" located at 2485 Dunwin Drive, Unit 8, in Mississauga, phone (905)569-2105, sharon@qualitycustomframing.ca.
    She is selling Crescent 4-ply, cotton-rag, archival board in a variety of colors and finish at $12.00 per board, for a full 32"x 40" board. The catch is that this price only applies to full cases of 25 boards at a time (that's $300.00 per case) This is to reduce her cost and her involvment. It is just off the truck and back out the door for her. Also to keep overheads down, she only accepts cash or check, and if anyone is interested, you would have to call ahead to order and it would take a couple of days for her to get what you want. I recommend going to visit so you can look at samples.
    Tim N. Roscoe

Celebrating
    Canadian Landscape

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Thanks for the lead, Mr R.

Would anyone be intersted on going in on a few cases, to get a variety to split up?

I currently have a stash I picked up when Curry's sold this off, so I am OK for the short term.

The last time I was at Elevator (mid summer I think) Bob had just got an automated matt cutter and had not yet set it up. Perhaps there is a deal to be struck there as well?

GTA *puggers who are into archival matts - this is an opportunity.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy View Post
    She is selling Crescent 4-ply, cotton-rag, archival board in a variety of colors and finish at $12.00 per board, for a full 32"x 40" board. The catch is that this price only applies to full cases of 25 boards at a time (that's $300.00 per case) .
    Check out Aboveground (https://www.abovegroundartsupplies.com/). They are selling Crescent rag white matboard for $13.99 by the single sheet. For the price differential, I am not sure I could justify the storage space or cash outlay. Woolfits house brand (whatever it is) is even cheaper.

Just curious about the real world performance difference between basic acid free mat board (at around $6 for a 32X40 sheet), and premium board (some is cotton rag, some is "rag free"). If a board is acid and lignin free, what is the likelihood of problems like yellowing?

Jaan

Shooter
    35mm
    Omega Mouldings in Brampton carries Crescent. At least the last time I was there, they did. Very nice people there.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin