Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 72,533   Posts: 1,598,671   Online: 765

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi Arri,

Works very well here. Marvelous images. Using IE on XP. I'll check it on Safari when I get to work.

I agree about the info page. It reads like a resume. A biography always sounds cheesy and pretentious to the person it's written about, however if it is factual, it is not, no matter how it sounds to you. You are not objective about yourself, you can't be.

Artistic photographers, many artists for that matter, seem to have an issue with promoting themselves. Don't.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    hi ari

great stuff !

looks good on my mac
    i use safari, and camino ...

john

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    I agree about the info page. It reads like a resume. A biography always sounds cheesy and pretentious to the person it's written about, however if it is factual, it is not, no matter how it sounds to you. You are not objective about yourself, you can't be.

Artistic photographers, many artists for that matter, seem to have an issue with promoting themselves. Don't.
    Well, I generally don't have a problem with self-promotion.
    One of my most common lines is "Hi, I am a great photographer. Pose for me." and don't have trouble convincing people of my "high quality artistry", but when it comes to text, its like hearing one's voice recorded. I have been trying to get over that all this time, but nothing I've written pleased me. I may give it a shot later on.

I have many more photos I would like to share, including my Tango project, but those are enough for the moment. I am glad you like them.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by arigram View Post
    Well, I generally don't have a problem with self-promotion.
    One of my most common lines is "Hi, I am a great photographer. Pose for me." and don't have trouble convincing people of my "high quality artistry", but when it comes to text, its like hearing one's voice recorded. I have been trying to get over that all this time, but nothing I've written pleased me. I may give it a shot later on.

I have many more photos I would like to share, including my Tango project, but those are enough for the moment. I am glad you like them.
    Might I suggest you gather all the relevant facts, and ask somebody else to write it. Then it's not you. You and your work certainly deserve the credit for your education and efforts, beyond a mere litany.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Very nice.
    No problems detected on Mac OS X Ver. 10.4.8 and Safari 2.0.4.

I think Your CV should have Your personal photo.
    Photos are in good size, but only after I click on them.

I am missing basic information in "photographs". Maybe title or date/location should be added.

But these are only my opinions. Anyway, in general I think that You have made very good work! I hope that this page will bring You more contacts and business oportunities!

Best wishes, Peter.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Might I suggest you gather all the relevant facts, and ask somebody else to write it.
    That's a good suggestion. There is a writer friend I could ask...

Quote Originally Posted by Rombo View Post
    Very nice.
    I think Your CV should have Your personal photo.
    Yes it should and I wanted one, but it has to be a good portrait
    and I don't know any photographer around here I can ask!
    I am terrible with self portraits, always have been, photos or drawings.
    And don't have any recent photos of me...

Photos are in good size, but only after I click on them.
    The design had to fit a 1024x768 window.

I am missing basic information in "photographs". Maybe title or date/location should be added.
    Now, that's something I would like to discuss with you and the others.
    At the beginning I wanted to add all kinds of info on the photographs, not unlike APUG's gallery, but soon I changed my mind. For one thing, I rarely keep technical details down, I am bad with dates and I might even forget the particular place I took the picture at.

When adding the photos to the gallery, they come up with no titles which I later on add in both languages (it has a good thumbnail system). While I was testing the website, I realized that photos that didn't have a title somehow felt not only "cleaner" but the lack of textual definition gave them more pictorial power.
    Thus, I removed all of them, but the "places" ones.
    The truth is in general I hate titles and I dislike titling my artwork.
    I thought of leaving the titles in the "places" with a short description of the place pictured, such as "rome, italy".

What do you think?
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    35mm
    Ari. Works fine for me on IE. Loads super quickly - much quicker than APUG but then most sites do compared to APUG. Just two very small points and these may not be mistakes on the site. You mention a camera being bought in Ethipia by your father. Is this meant to be Ethiopia? Secondly in your equipment section you mention Monoblock tripods. I think that the brand name spelling is without the k at the end so it's Monobloc but I could be wrong. May be worth checking.

Best of luck.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Regarding the design size, the website was made to fit on a 1024x768 screen with a browser's toolbars and tab bars.
    I tested it both on my desktop at 1920x1280 where the browser is a window usually smaller than the screen and on my laptop with a 1024x768 screen. A friend of mine reported that somehow he gets even less screen estate with a scrollbar coming up and need to query him on his set up.
    I know it doesn't look perfect in all resolutions, but if I made the graphics SVG and the layout even more dynamic it would make it heavier and possibly less compatible.

PU: There are indeed some typos, even more than the ones you mentioned and will be corrected pronto. I must confess I was a bit sloppy with the text.
    www.arigram.gr

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Hello Ari,
    Great site!

One small item (perhaps it has been mentioned already). In the English version the word Τύπος is used and in the ελληνικά version the word Press is used (in the σύνδεσμοι pull-down menu)

Cheers,
    Clarence

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Thanks Clarence, fixed!
    www.arigram.gr

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin