Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,139   Online: 984

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the hive fives everyone. After a year spent trying to DIY the site, I gave up in frustration. All that time wasted in web design, which I can't do, instead of making photographs, which I'd rather do.

I went with A Photo Folio, after looking at just about every template-based site out there. I liked their clean, functional designs better than anyone. There's some Flash, but none of the whirling, blinking crap that I find so distracting. I can highly recommend these guys, based on service and quality--at least so far.

@Merg: do you mean you had trouble with one of the email links? That's the only quirk I've noticed so far; some of the nav links at the far left of the homepage have to be "refreshed" occasionally by reloading the page.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mike, my mistake with sloppy copy and paste. The link works fine.

Well done, hope the site brings good things your way!

phc
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    For what it's worth, I use my full name as my URL. My stats show that I do get a number of people who access the site "direct", which I guess could mean from a bookmark, but most of the visits come from referrals. Even from the APUG!

I think sticking with your name, or whatever name you trade under, is the best bet.

Cheers, Paul.
    paulhardycarter.com <<< Pictures and blog.
    twitter <<< My twitter feed.

phc
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Just had a look at your site, Mike. Good portraiture.

I did have a problem flicking through the pictures as the "images and text © Michael Sebastian" overlaps the "next image" arrow at the bottom of the page.

Cheers, Paul.
    paulhardycarter.com <<< Pictures and blog.
    twitter <<< My twitter feed.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by phc View Post
    Just had a look at your site, Mike. Good portraiture.

I did have a problem flicking through the pictures as the "images and text © Michael Sebastian" overlaps the "next image" arrow at the bottom of the page.

Cheers, Paul.
    Paul, I've shortened the copyright statement, which I hope helps.

Also, did you notice that you can hover the cursor over the image you're looking at, and get big orange left or right arrows, or a cluster of blocks that lets you look at site thumbnails?

Easier to navigate than with the tiny arrows at the bottom.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSeb View Post
    OK, the site is live at michaelsebastian.com.

There's a blog, too. 'Cause god knows there aren't enough folks spouting opinions and writing about boring crap already.

Thanks for everyone's input.
    Looking Good Michael, nice work......
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Michael, well done. I agree with the full name, no matter how long it is.... Mine is nearly impossible to spell, pronounce, remember... but it works.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicole View Post
    Michael, well done. I agree with the full name, no matter how long it is.... Mine is nearly impossible to spell, pronounce, remember... but it works.

Looking at your name, looks like the first half of the last name, would be the part that throws most people. It looks German, so was probably originally written as Bönig, so it would be pronounced BAY-NIG, although most people probably get it wrong. You wouldn't believe how people butcher the pronouncing and spelling of my last name. Although the person who wrote it and forgot the m, annoyed me the most.....

Am I at least close?
    Paul Schmidt
    See my Blog at http://clickandspin.blogspot.com

The greatest advance in photography in the last 100 years is not digital, it's odourless stop bath....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wogster View Post
    It looks German, so was probably originally written as Bönig, so it would be pronounced BAY-NIG, although most people probably get it wrong.

You wouldn't believe how people butcher the pronouncing and spelling of my last name. Although the person who wrote it and forgot the m, annoyed me the most.....

You are close, German yes, although Boenig (Bönig) is pronounced similar to BUR-NIG (but drop the roll of the tongue on the "r" sound).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSeb View Post
    There's a blog, too. 'Cause god knows there aren't enough folks spouting opinions and writing about boring crap already.
    Opps. Sorry. See: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum46/5...tml#post737198
    Last edited by David Brown; 01-16-2009 at 01:03 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: My blog is dead ...
    David
    Taking pictures is easy. Making photographs is hard.

http://www.behance.net/silverdarkroom
    http://silverdarkroom.wordpress.com

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin