Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,988   Posts: 1,524,071   Online: 1047

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    In general, our customers have told us that our prices are some of the best they have seen and they appreciate our high quality. They have also commented that we have great packing to protect the mats during shipment. Our archival mat board is very high end so you can easily find lower prices if you consider lower quality products, but it will be difficult to find a better price for the same exact product. We also have qty discount that start at qty 4.

Cheers,
    Mark

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Is your high end board Alpharag? If not, what manufacture's board do you carry? Also do you carry high end non-buffered board 4 ply in various colors for mounting prints like albumen? Thanks, Robert

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum46/3...g-service.html

You might find that cutting them yourself is not the answer, unless of course you going to mount on 32x40. Try the link above , the guy is a great guy and service is very good , I have gotten frames , boards , glass all tha stuff for less money then I could have done all myself from scratch....

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    Is your high end board Alpharag? If not, what manufacture's board do you carry? Also do you carry high end non-buffered board 4 ply in various colors for mounting prints like albumen? Thanks, Robert
    Our highest end mat board is Bainbridge 8-Ply Alpharag mat board. It is a full 1/8 inch thick and we cut the bevel at 45% so the bevel ends up being a 1/4 inch which is very impressive. I brought in computerized mat cutters from Switzerland to ensure that we could get very high quality corners. We also carry Bainbridge Alphamat which is also a museum quality mat board. In order to keep our margins sustainable with low prices we have to be very efficient with our inventory. Although we have a lot of professional photographers as customers most of them that are reselling their work are using more traditional printing methods as opposed to the less common acid processes that require non-buffered mat board. We have had almost no requests for non-buffered mat board so we do not carry it.

Although we don’t have the new banner finished for APUG we are running a 10% off sale for APUG members through March 18th. The website promo code is: APUG9677 This discount is in addition to our double digit volume discounts starting at qty 4.

Cheers,
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by ilya1963 View Post
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum46/3...g-service.html

You might find that cutting them yourself is not the answer, unless of course you going to mount on 32x40.
    Since buying a mat cutter about 8 years ago, I've more than recouped the investment in it by saving the cost of custom orders. As I tend to size prints to best suit the image, having the option to cut the mounts for them individually has been a huge advantage. Besides, I've learned a new skill I'd not have otherwise known. It's not really very difficult, but there is a learning curve, and doing it well takes a lot of practice, and the willingness to sacrifice some mat board without shedding too many tears.

I'd love to buy from Frame Destination, but until they begin to sell blanks, it aint' gonna happen.
    John Voss

My Blog

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    I'd love to buy from Frame Destination, but until they begin to sell blanks, it aint' gonna happen.
    We do. Just leave a note in special instructions during checkout that you want blanks or uncut. Later in the year I hope to have direct support on the website.

Cheers,
    Mark

ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    If in Southern California, this is your best buy for archival, buffered mat:
    Westminster Buffered 100% Cotton Rag Mounting Board

BTW, 32"X40" are half (not full) sheets.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fdi View Post
    We do. Just leave a note in special instructions during checkout that you want blanks or uncut. Later in the year I hope to have direct support on the website.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Do you have 4-ply rag board (bright white)? I think that would be the most common board for photographers.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon Shiu View Post
    Do you have 4-ply rag board (bright white)? I think that would be the most common board for photographers.

Jon
    We carry the Bainbridge Alphamat 4-ply mat board which is equivalent to the Crescent Rag board. One is made of alpha cellulose the other is made of cotton. Both materials are naturally inert. Both mats are very archival, both are buffered, but only Bainbridge also has the Artcare zeolite coating. The Bainbridge Alpharag is equivalent to the Crescent Museum Rag. Probably 95% of our customers are photographers.

Probably half are pro’s selling in galleries and artshows and the other half are amateurs framing their own work. The pro’s just tend to place larger orders and get larger discounts but we do not have any min order size or fee.

Cheers,
    Mark

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by RobertP View Post
    Not to many places have the un-buffered museum mat board as it does have a very specific use. You can find a selection of it here. Un-Buffered Rag

Most people do not have a reason to use anything but the regular museum rag matting.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin