Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,478   Posts: 1,571,102   Online: 1179

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fdi View Post
    The pro’s just tend to place larger orders and get larger discounts but we do not have any min order size or fee.
    Now that is a foursquare inducement to buy if there ever were one. When the blanks are easily available, I'll absolutely consider Frame Destination for mat board.
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fdi View Post
    I brought in computerized mat cutters from Switzerland to ensure that we could get very high quality corners.
    Cheers,
    Mark
    No affiliation with FDI, but I have seen these machines in action and they are impressive! For what it's worth ...

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    You can check out Goldenstateart.com. They have the best price in the US market. I love their custom cut.

Shooter
    35mm
    I'd love to buy from Frame Destination, but until they begin to sell blanks, it aint' gonna happen.
    You can currently get any size blanks you need from the folks at www.Redimat.com

Their outside cuts are all straight cuts. With a few suppliers over the years, I have seen some selling their drops (the beveled cut from the inside of the window mat) as blanks and that's not the same thing if you have to worry about trimming the outside off before you can even cut a window in it. Even worse, I have seen so called mat cutters that are selling cheep window mats that are beveled on the outside as well.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    From my location (near San Francisco) I've been ordering from Dick Blick, taking advantage of their occasional coupons and free shipping.

Another secret weapon I've recently developed are my kids. I taught my twelve-year-old daughter to use the Logan 650 (very quick study) and my ten-year-old helps with cutting bards down and general assistance. We cut sixteen mats with backing board last Friday in a little over an hour. For some reason I go insane trying to cut mats so this has worked out very well for me--the cuts are perfect.

Dick Blick has also been good. One of the boxes of 25 full boards came in with a serious ding and water damage. Most of the board was still usable. They told me to keep it at no charge and sent out a new one--they had just changed to better packaging, too.

--Darin
    Darin Boville

www.darinboville.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, I have about had it with Light Impressions (who I used to LOVE!). I NEED some Westminster 4 ply Bright White museum board 32by40 and it seems back ordered into eternity through LImp. Is this a house name brand with Light Impressions? Everything I have done over the past 20 years is matted with this great board and now I am stuck with shows coming up!! Help!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Last time I ordered from Light Impressions had a long wait to receive goods.
    Mike

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    I've used bright white rag board from printfile.com and rising white museum board from Daniel Smith and found them both compatible with LI Westminster Bright White. Most places will send you a small sample so that you can check the color, surface, thickness etc.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Dana Davis View Post
    Well, I have about had it with Light Impressions (who I used to LOVE!). I NEED some Westminster 4 ply Bright White museum board 32by40 and it seems back ordered into eternity through LImp. Is this a house name brand with Light Impressions? Everything I have done over the past 20 years is matted with this great board and now I am stuck with shows coming up!! Help!
    My Company currently only has Rag board from Bainbridge in a couple colors of 8-ply mat board but we are in the process of adding 4-Ply rag mat board and a lot of colors, including some new shades of white.

Cheers,
    Mark
    Last edited by fdi; 10-06-2010 at 09:47 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I use FDI and love the quality and service. Love the cut to size 8 ply. Makes my life easy.

Jim

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin