Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,592   Posts: 1,545,991   Online: 984

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images

mat board...who has the best prices?

Who has the best prices for 4 ply cotton rag board these days. Full sheets 32x40. Thanks in advance, Robert

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Try these guys: www.framingsupplies.com They also have great prices on cut mats!

(No relation, just a customer).
    John "Alpha Flying Monkey" Moore
    http://www.flyingmonkeystudio.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Conservation Resources in Virginia. Ask them to pack it well. I don't know if the damage occurs at Nielsen or at C.R. but the first two shipments I got were dog eared like a st. bernard.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've also had good results w/ framingsupplies.com great prices and their packing is incredible!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I hadn't thought of Conservation Resources. I ordered my film boxes from them and they were great people to deal with. It looks like they beat the competition by about 2-3$ a board. Thanks for the heads-up. Robert

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I order my mounting and mat board from Dick Blick Art Supply in Illinois. Good prices, fast shipping, no minimum order like American Frame has.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Might want to check a couple local independant framers also. I will usually sale to local artist for pretty close to my wholesale cost.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have used redimat.com for the past few years. I have never had any problems and their prices are great.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kcc008 View Post
    I have used redimat.com for the past few years. I have never had any problems and their prices are great.
    I, too, have used redimat with great results. They stock a very inexpensive mounting/backing board that, though it has a grey core, is acid free and worthy of not overly expensive prints. They also have a complete array of the best rag mat, and crescent select board at excellent prices. Since I cut my own windows, it's great to have good prices on blanks (which I detest cutting, 'cause I always mess up the full sheets into 16x20s and such).
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by jovo View Post
    I, too, have used redimat with great results. They stock a very inexpensive mounting/backing board that, though it has a grey core, is acid free and worthy of not overly expensive prints. They also have a complete array of the best rag mat, and crescent select board at excellent prices. Since I cut my own windows, it's great to have good prices on blanks (which I detest cutting, 'cause I always mess up the full sheets into 16x20s and such).
    For the selection and pricing they come highly recommended. I prefer to not cut so just get pre-cut sized. Usually 18x24 for prints on 13x19 paper but for those that do cut their own the blanks of all sises are available.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin