Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,728   Online: 874

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Mounting Slide Basics

hi all,

just got some film back from the lab(e6) and want to mount it myself, to see how its done, and to have more control over how my film is handled. not that i'm a freak or anything

i've seen many kinds of slide mounting apparati on the 'bay, and in particular the polaroid illuminated one. i've heard lots off good things about those.

questions:
    1. What kind of slide mounts are easy to remove film from(snap kind). I've had experience with Pako's before, but after 25 or so, my fingers hurt under the nails prying them apart. They also got tweaked in the process.

2. Do the polaroid slide cutters just cut, or how do they work?

3. Does anyone have one they can donate to a college student(me)? =)

4. Any thoughts would be appreciated

I like to scan my slides, but I don't want to have to go through sore thumbs for the next 3 days or so =(

Thanks

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The Polaroid mounter I have is designed for use with Polaroid mounts - which haven't been manufactured in years. It works fine as a cutter, but I have to pick up the cut frame and manually place it in the mount.

I've got a box of mounts at home, I think Pakor but will have to check, which don't separate. These were bought on ebay so no idea if they are still manufactured. There is a thin slot on one side which you push the film into until it comes up against a stop on the opposite side of the window. I find these much faster to use, and easier on the fingers, than the type of mount that needs to be pulled apart then clicked back together with the film inside.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    I've always found the Ge-Pe range, both glass and glass-less, to be fine. They used to produce a vast range of sizes, with an illuminated cutter and small mounting press.
    I know the ones for standard 35mm are available in the UK, but you'd obviously need to Google for the US availability.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin