Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,688   Posts: 1,548,734   Online: 1253

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by lmn View Post
    I'd like to further explore the idea of handmade books that came up in a recent thread. Creating beautiful handbound books for my clients really appeals to me.

Any tips, techniques or resource recommendations would be much appreciated. Archival materials are especially important to me.

Thanks!
    Lisa
    http://workshops.lenswork.com/folios.html

I've wanted to take this workshop, it's local for me and the concept of 12 or so images is appealing. It's a blend of single images, telling a story, with a jacket that "binds" them together. It has the advantage of being separated for traditional display.
    Robland - Seattle area

Insert "catch phrase" here...

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Blog Entries
    the zeier book is great because it tells the difference between glues and pastes,
    how to mix them and use them ...
    how to dry things under weight ... and general practices for people
    who don't have a nipping press, or book press, but regular stuff, like bricks and rocks ..

places that sell paper and scrapbook supplies
    like paper source are great too!
    the one in cambridge had classes in all sorts of things, including bookbinding and "artist books"

have fun!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ancient manuscripts are bound and made with vellum. the raw sheets are still made in newport pagnal , uk as well as other places i guess, and it can be printed with inkjets, even a single sheet is beautiful
    Edwin
    Technical Manager
    Sinar | Foba | Briese

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin