Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,136   Online: 851

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Boudoir site.

Shooter
    35mm

Boudoir site.

Ok, I've started a little venture to have a web presence for boudoir photography. Nobody is being directed to it as of yet, and many more photographs need to be scanned and uploaded, but I won't be doing that until the basics are set. Although it is "public", it's beta, as in it won't get traffic until I'm happy and begin to promote it. I'm mostly interested in feedback on the theme and layout, stupid mistakes I haven't noticed, subtle mistakes, or nuances that 3rd parties to the effort can provide. Also the gamma on the pictures.. do they seem too light?

http://boudoirutah.blogspot.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am not sure about the blogspot host. Does not seem professional enough for fine art nudes

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by david b View Post
    I am not sure about the blogspot host. Does not seem professional enough for fine art nudes
    If I get happy with it I will switch the domain to boudoirutah.com which I now own, Or do you mean the blog format in general?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I think the layout is fine. It would be much better with a custom domain. Also, you can direct blogspot to it. Check the dashboard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nice work. Its cool you labeled it Boudoir (avoiding any pretense) even though it seems to me that it is a step or two more sophisticated than what I associate with being Boudoir photography.

Site is good looking and I too think you need to get it under your own URL.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I kept looking and looking thinking that something was not right. Then it occurred to me. The pattern you have on each side of the page is the same pattern my grandmother had in her living room many, many years ago. Not the same color but the same pattern. Thinking of one's grandmother and viewing fine art nudes does not mix well. For me the pattern feels too puritanical when combined with the subject matter.

Just me 2 cents.

Gary
    "He who expecteth nothing,
    Shall not be disappointed." Robert Willingham, 1907

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The imagery is great, well done. But I think the comments above are true, you need your own domain.
    Another option would be to put all the 'info/pricing/etc' on another page, people will always find it if they want to know about it, which leaves the main body of the area for images like mine at www.paulcooklin.com
    Just a thought.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Those images are WAY too nice to be called boudoir. I find the background pattern on the page to be too busy and a bit distracting. I'd prefer something solid, or at least less obtrusive. I didn't find the pricing info on the main page to be objectionable, but I do agree it might work better logistically to have ordering and pricing info on a separate page - hook them in to it as it were.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    You do need your own domain, not a blog. Upon clicking the link I was presented with a dialog box informing me that there was adult content ahead and I had to click a box to proceed to your site.

Now there's "adult content" and photographs for grown ups. You know where you fit in, but the blog world can't differentiate. There is a difference between a blog and a commercial web site. The choice of a blog to start just does not ring true to me. If you are starting a business, start on the right foot.
    Two New Projects! Light on China - 07/13/2014

www.joelipkaphoto.com

250+ posts and still blogging! "Postcards from the Creative Journey"

http://blog.joelipkaphoto.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it looks good. Good idea, good work. Maybe a little too much technical info. I realize the techniques used are fairly unique to this sort of shooting, and you really want to play that angle, but I still don't think people want to read so much about the details of alternative processes, print sizes, etc. Maybe talk more about concept and the emotion/mood of the work. The pix seem more like fine art nudes than boudoir shots, but that stylistic issue is really up to you and your clients.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin