Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,750   Posts: 1,515,786   Online: 992

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dan,

I'm also looking at Facebook (and Twitter and MySpace, etc.) as another way of getting my work out there. So far, it looks like a pretty good idea, although, spending additional time in front of the computer (like I'm doing now) is one of the last things I want to do. But, for my photography I think it's a good idea.

I found the following article link by a pro-photographer quite helpful (especially the comments after the piece):

http://rising.blackstar.com/using-fa...-business.html

Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have a facebook page for my art. You can become a "fan" of me there!

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Christ...9272798?ref=nf

It hasn't gotten me any real exposure or sales yet, but I have only had it about a month. My regular facebook profile, which i've had for a year, has connected me with a lot of old friends from high school and college. I don't think it is a waste of time or that people there only care about themselves.
    Chris Crawford
    Fine Art Photography of Indiana and other places no one else photographs.

http://www.chriscrawfordphoto.com

My Tested Developing Times with the films and developers I use

Become a fan of my work on Facebook

Fort Wayne, Indiana

Shooter
    Large Format
    I think it's a good way to build and maintain an audience. I don't post many actual photos there, but I do use it to keep people informed about what I'm doing. I pimped my gallery show on Facebook pretty heavily and got a great turnout.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    It's a good idea to keep your "status" reasonably professional, imho.
    Amen to that. The kind of comments that get posted there often fall into the category of too much information.

I'm still trying to figure out how best to use Facebook.
    Chris Klug
    -----------
    My photo life story: http://patternsoflightndark.com/wordpress/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by white.elephant View Post
    Amen to that. The kind of comments that get posted there often fall into the category of too much information.
    Not to mention professionally and personally damaging. Anyone that thinks potential employers, business contacts and law enforcement can't go back and use certain information against you is fooling themselves. I happen to know for a fact that statements here on APUG have been used in such ways.

Be careful out there kids!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Over the past two months, facebook has driven 34 visits to my web site, which accounts to 1.43% of all traffic. Not too much, but It does let me force my RSS feed onto about 100 or so uniteretsed people's eyes. :/

I use it mainly for family & friend communication.
    Gear: Camera, Brain, Light.
    Website - FB

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have ventured into facebook to see what's there and... I am disappointed that there isn't a very simple option to click that determines whether I am showing a professional or a nonprofessional face.

I certainly don't want to get into the whole internet long-distance romantic hookup thing and it seems like that's what it's geared for :s I assume I haven't delved far enough into the options. Looks like a good way to network, but... it comes across as a matchmaking enterprise to me.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin