Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,986   Posts: 1,524,007   Online: 855

Shooter
    Medium Format

A stamping question please.

I was about to have a stamp ordered and made for the back of my prints, as I make them.

Now, after watching an epsoide from the most awesome BBC series "The Genius of Photography (ep 06) it shows that the price of a print increases dramaticaly with the less of a time gap between the photographer Development and then printing, for example, one print from Mr. Adams was 1/3 more valuable as it was developed and then printed in a short time frame vs. the same print that was made from the negative several years later.

So.....
    If anyone records their darkroom workflow, how do you do that please?
    And... Any receommendations for stamps and where?

Thank you so much.
    Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Tom,
    I think the probability of the print being made by the photographer causes this difference. Some of the later Adams work is perceived to be a different interpretation of the original shot. Of course it's also possible that he didn't print some of the later prints but they were done by his assistants under his direction.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hi John, yup, that's just it. My idea is to have a stamp made with black fields that I fill in and then sign.

EVERYONE: If you can get ahold of the BBC series mentioned above. It's truly amazing. It's also this month on the Dish and DirecTV networks.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just have the stamp made and don't worry about the other stuff.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin