Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,735   Posts: 1,515,403   Online: 1097

Thread: Showing prints

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Showing prints

I feel like this is somewhat borderline as to whether it belongs here or not, but I know that people here will have the best knowledge of doing this, and plus my work is all analog anyways.

So I have a large stack of prints I've made. A bunch of B+W ones and a few large color ones. I have matted a few, but many are just sitting there as I make more and the stack grows. I want to show these to people but I don't think the paper prints will reach as large an audience as I'd like. I have a feeling that scans of these images would do them no justice, plus being 11x14 they won't really fit... My past attempts at scanning an RA4 print led to shadows getting completely clipped. Does anyone have any ideas on how to get good digital representations of my work, both B+W and color? Should I go from the original negative or print? Some scanner or copy stand?

Shooter
    35mm
    Consider Staples. I've never done it but I've heard that their big scanners are pretty decent. If you are going down to web resolution anyway that might be something to think about.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    you know what your prints look like
    make a negative / chrome scan and make it look like
    your print. the ps tools are the same as your darkroom tools.

it isn't that hard to make a film scan to make it look "as good" as
    you would make a darkroom print.

goodluck
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    For web reproduction, just take some pictures of them with your small digital camera, tripod in the shade, make sure the lighting is uniform and avoid reflections, it's easier than it sounds.
    Work the few minor problems in PS and you are good to go.
    My Tarnished promises portfolio in my website are reproductions of the originals taken with a cheap pentax digital camera.
    For prints sales, workshops and individual lessons,
    please, check my website

My APUG Portfolio
    http://www.apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=196<p>

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I own a gallery just outside of Ottawa, Canada. We have found that B/W prints probably outsell our Ilfochromes, but not by much. We have also found that we rarely sell unframed matted prints. We have also found that the larger prints 16X20" plus outsell the 11X14 about 2 to one. We do not sell many digital prints at all. Feel free to email me if I can be of any help. Don

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin