Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,972   Posts: 1,558,693   Online: 853

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Album for small number of prints

I've got 12 8x10 prints of a friends wedding. I'd like to make a gift of them mounted in an album, but every album I find has 24 or more pages and/or has transparent pocket or adhesive pages.

I'm looking for a book with plain pages that I can dry mount the prints to. I don't mind a couple of extra pages to leave blank, but don't want the album to be half full or have loose covers because I removed a lot of pages.

Does such a thing exist? I would appreciate any pointers, UK suppliers preferred but I'll order from overseas if necessary.

Thanks,
    Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the past I've made books using Langton Watercolour books, dry mounting the prints, these are usually 12 pages but it would be worth seeing if there are any larger, I think one of the competitors is 20 pages. I bought mine in an Art shop in Birmingham but they are readily available in most towns.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 05-15-2009 at 10:30 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can also try shops that carry scrap booking supplies. Here in the US some crafting shops will have supplies for both.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    A couple of good ideas, thank you. There's an art and craft supply shop within sight of the front door of the office I work in. I don't normally pay much attention to the painting and scrapbooking sections. It's the sort of place that I have to strictly ration visits to, in case the wedding savings fund suffers, but I think this is a good excuse for a browse!

Thanks, Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In olden days the album suppliers for the professional wedding photography market sold "pin and hinge" based albums that were infinitely customizable as far as page numbers were concerned. D & F (formerly Desmond et Freres sp?, now maybe DF) come to mind. Someone who works in the strange and digified remnants of that industry might be able to source something for you.

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    If you're into the DIY route, 30page albums...
    http://store.falkiners.com/store/cat...-Bind-Albums-/
    for you to bind... not quite sure how it works if it has instructions or if you need a bit more skill than that.
    ~Heather
    oooh shiny!
    http://www.stargazy.org/

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I did a project recently using a Kolo book. Very nice, and dry mounted well.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin