Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,202   Online: 989

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

file size when submitting "stock photos"???

many of the stock photo site have file size requirements of 4mp. How would I get a photograph taken with a film camera to meet the requirements?
    Of course digital cameras can easily produce files that meet the requirements.
    "Generalizations are made because they are generally true"
    Flicker http://www.flickr.com/photos/stradibarrius
    Barry
    Monroe, GA

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    35mm film scanned at 4000dpi will come out to 5500 pixels on it's longest side. It is basically around 14MP range. Film is just fine to use for stock as far as quality goes don't let any one make you believe it won't. Transparency film usually results in amazing files. Don't scan prints. You need to get a good scanner or have it professionally scanned. Something like a Nikon film scanner will work just fine. Hope it helps. Sorry for the digi talk guys but that's how you do it.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

Are you sure you don't mean MB (megabytes), not MP (megapixels). A jpeg of a 35mm film scan would get you into the 4MB range.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Megapixel. Pixel L x Pixel W = megapixel size. Jpeg size will vary depending on compression and other data in the image.

D.
    My Photography Site www.lofgreenimages.com and My Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin