Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,947   Posts: 1,557,851   Online: 809

Shooter
    35mm

Clear scrapbook pages?

I was going to compile a recent series into a scrapbook. I then realized that the 8.5x8.5 inch "clear" plastic the scrapbook pages were made out of was very milky and not clear at all. I never started and the project has been in a pile ever since.

Is there such a thing as 8x8 scrapbook pages that are clear enough to put photos behind and actually see them?
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    contact http://www.talasonline.com/
    they have bookbinding supplies
    which include clear pages that you
    can cut into the size you need.
    they have holes in one side so you
    can post-bind them into a scrapbook.

have fun!
    john

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Yes they do. My wife is a scrapbook queen. She got me a nice leather book in 12x12 for my portfolio. I put it together the photos look better than expected. I don't care for the glossy finish of the pages, but for most viewers, the photos look good. The pages are completely clear. You may have gotten some sort of antiglare thing.

I would look at a hobby store. Here in South Carolina there are several places to look. Hobby Lobby, AC Moore, Michael's, and a bunch of locally owned dedicated scrapbook shops. I am sure there are plenty of places around you. Even places like Wal-mart and Target have an OK selection.

Good Luck

Jason

Shooter
    35mm
    My wife bought the scrapbook for me and I guess she got it at Target. It's ok for me to have clear plastic over the images if it is, in fact, clear. I have some clear sheet protectors I think I got at Staples, and I was collecting my pinhole negatives in them for quite some time, and I consider that plastic perfectly suitable. I guess I'll have to go forth and search some out.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    35mm
    I picked up some scrapbook pages which were far clearer than the ones that came in the scrapbook. They were the most expensive ones there; I think the brand was Pioneer.
    f/22 and be there.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin