Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,940   Posts: 1,557,482   Online: 905

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

price for a photo in a tv movie

Hi all

I need some help because of I've been ask a digital file of one of my photo. They need a digital file to make a print.

The original mail will be easily to understand:
    My name is Shea Marcus. I am writing from a movie called THE ROOMMATE, starring Leighton Meester, Minka Kelly, and Cam Gigandet. We are interested in purchasing a copy of your "Still Life from the Flower Spirit's Series Limited Edition" to use on one of our sets. However, we would need a digital image and we would need it by today! I know it is last minute, but if it can be done, that'd be wonderful. I also would need you to sign off on a clearance form stating that we can use your print in our film.

I just wonder how much I could ask for such thing

best regards
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Don't fall for it. Are they filming in Nigeria?
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    No they're filming in the U.S.A. . I goolge the email and name of the sender and it seems to be a real name link to the staff of the film. They've sent me a Release which well described the limitation of use ( only in this film and no other). I keep the righton the image.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Not sure of the pricing for this, but sounds like an interesting opportunity. Probably a smaller / independent release.
    - Jeff (& sometimes Eva, too) - http://www.jeffbannow.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The only crew member I know is the camera operator and you can search the movie and crew on imdb.com but keep in mind that that info isn't always up to date or 100% valid. It is odd that they want it so quickly and in this manner.
    Artwork generally rents for anywhere from $100-1000/week depending on the size and budget. This is a low budget project by the looks of it. If you go through with this, I'd ask for the printed image to be mailed to you when their through (not that they couldn't have more printed) but at least it wouldn't get taken home by a crew member once the show is over.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    They want it quickly because they know you will ask for money.
    Since they've established that they need it quickly they will offer you a fee but ask to have your bank account info to have it wired.......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    i would poke around the http://www.asmp.org/ website
    to see if they have a person you can
    ask a usage question .
    while you retain the copyright of
    the image, it will not have a limited use,
    but when the film is released it will be
    used forever ( internet and dvd as well as tv ) .
    usage feels may vary ...
    and i am sure the folks at asmp know around how much you should ask.
    or at least begin your negotiations ...

good luck, it sounds like a great opportunity!

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wildbill View Post
    Artwork generally rents for anywhere from $100-1000/week depending on the size and budget.
    Vinny gives good advice. Good luck with this Nze!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I work in the film industry and don't be surprised about the rush of items to dress a set. I can't count how many times we were lighting a set when the paint was drying and unfurnished. An example is the wall colour was chosen at the last minute by a unprepared production designer or a change by the director. Perhaps ask for a rate that matches the other pieces of art in the set and remind them that the "rental" would include the release for the show. If the show was a large one (that is to say a show with clout) you could bargain higher, but set dressers are masters of making something looking like a million dollars for five bucks. Take what they offer and run. Double it if they have to re shoot the scene later. Look at it as getting paid for advertising your art, use the information to advance sales or exposuer to your web site.

Good Luck!

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for all the help guys!!!
    keep you inform of the result.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin