Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,665   Posts: 1,481,687   Online: 742

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "Submissions must include the following:
    - Preferable 20 works, one JPG image from front and one from back side (for photographs only images from front side), saved on USB memory, and mailed in envelope."

What's wrong with a CD, why send a USB memory stick ?

"The Gallery Jeanette is currently accepting works from full time Canadian and European artists with an emphasis on Oil Paintings, B&W Photography and Sculpture.

Preferable style for Oil Paintings are (Dutch) Realism, Impressionism and Abstract-Expressionism. Photographs must not be manipulated."

Other comments like Photographs must not be manipulated rules out many well known artists, like John Goto etc.

The post indicates the Gallery is in Toronto while the website states it's in the nearby city of Mississauga, which wasn't a suburb of Toronto last time I visited.

Ian
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 06-24-2009 at 01:25 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Mississauga is considered a borough or suburb of Toronto, in practical terms FWIW.

jnanian, your posts were very helpful in terms of learning. My thanks.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My suggestion (to be taken with a grain of salt) is to approach a few respected artists locally. Secure their confidence and trust through careful personal communications, and begin to stock your gallery with their work. Then, after sufficient period to establish that the relationship is working for everyone, then come back with an open announcement / solicitation.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    I could be wrong but, all you need to know can be found by viewing the web site.
    thanks mr callow!
    i missed the link on the original post

ian, your post cleared things up ... ( kinda-sorta )

colin,
    my pleasure!

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I learned a few things on this string.Thanks guys.

Mike

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin