Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,754   Posts: 1,515,921   Online: 1053

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Gallery Invitation

Art Gallery Invitation for extraordinary photographers.

- We are running a new art gallery in Toronto-GTA Ontario, Canada. Location is at intersection Hurontario (Hw.10) and LakeShore, which is one of the most prestigious area in Canada with rising condos of 1.5 million (max) single apartment already sold just across the street, multi-million value of houses along Mississauga Rd. and Hurontario St, very expensive houses just behind the gallery, and marina at Lake Ontario - walking distance. The area is with extremely dense two-way car traffic right in front of our gallery window. There are four art galleries more in the same area.
    - The gallery’s business will revolve around genuine works of arts: oil-paintings, black & white photography, sculpture, (and to some extend framing).
    - The best and fastest (and possible the only) way to get “name” in photography is to join gallery-system.
    - The gallery’s job is to sell works of arts, to record the sell, and to promote our artists around the world. Further information will be available upon acceptance into the gallery.

contact us by E-Mail

j@GalleryJeanette.com

E-Mail to us 10 images (JPG) of your photographs and text no more than 5 rows about your photography, or if you have own web-site it is fine too just make sure it is there how to contact you. Also tell us do you sell your photographs on e-bay or other electronic auctions. Any country is OK as long as we can contact each-other.

The web site is
    www.GalleryJeanette.com we are still building it.

ONLY the highest quality, aesthetical and technical, will works, ONLY silver-gelatin, platinum or palladium prints.
    If you are potentially accepted, we will contact you after we review your works of art.

Thanks for your time
    Gallery Jeanette

Shooter
    Multi Format
    what commission will the gallery charge ?
    are openings commission-free ?
    will this be a cooperative gallery ?
    will the artwork be insured ?
    and lastly, is the gallery looking for
    work that will be inexpensive to sell or moderately priced?

thanks
    john
    if my apug gallery looks empty you might check these places

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    35mm
    Jnanian
    There are and many more questions, but all will be clear uppon acceptance. Price is up to artist, not Gallery. We know very well how market TODAY works and we can give only advice on pricing.
    We are looking for artist we can make lasting cooperation with, artist we can count on, artist that can deal with dead line, ..., professional artists.

Thanks for your input
    Gallery Jeanette

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    John's questions are the questions that need answering before acceptance. Seems a bit late to answer them after.

I think I can judge the answer to the last question from some of the original post:

Quote Originally Posted by DanielOB View Post
    Location is at intersection Hurontario (Hw.10) and LakeShore, which is one of the most prestigious area in Canada with rising condos of 1.5 million (max) single apartment already sold just across the street, multi-million value of houses along Mississauga Rd. and Hurontario St, very expensive houses just behind the gallery, and marina at Lake Ontario

Steve.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    thank you steve!

danielob
    i used to part-own an art gallery in the boston area ...
    the questions i have asked need to be answered UP FRONT not "after acceptance".

i have some other questions as well:

do the owners of the gallery have
    any experience owning and running an art gallery?

do they have "current relationships" with interior designers
    and collectors, or are they relying on walk in traffic ?

john

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    35mm
    jnanian

“i used to part-own an art gallery in the boston area ...
    the questions i have asked need to be answered UP FRONT not "after acceptance".
    Answer: Yes ALL questions will be answered upfront acceptance. We do not offer acceptance to anyone right now.

Commission is between 40 and 50%...

“do the owners of the gallery have any experience owning and running an art gallery?” Answer: Yes they do have.

“will the artwork be insured ?”
    Answer: this has nothing with artist. If work of art get lost, stolen, or damaged, artist has to be paid the same as the work of art is sold. But please let us to keep some sensitive information just for accepted artists.

do they have "current relationships" with interior designers and collectors [ answer: YES ] , or are they relying on walk in traffic ? [ Answer: YES ].

AGAIN: we do not accept artist for one show. It will be lasting relationship and we will know each other very well. Artist will learn about the gallery soon after he is accepted (and upfront the very first exhibition).

Thanks for your time
    Gallery Jeanette

Shooter
    Multi Format
    not much to go by .. but thanks!
    Last edited by jnanian; 06-23-2009 at 02:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Multi Format
    is there any way we can learn more about the people who will own the gallery?
    do they have a website ?

website
    blog
    sell-site

Shooter
    Medium Format
    To me, this deal has the distinct odour of scam about it. The Gallery obviously doesn't know about the artists "out there" and their reluctance to impart information up front raises my suspicions. I would not be at all surprised if "acceptance" at the gallery involved an on-going fee, payable by the artist.

Ask many questions.

Morry Katz, Lethbridge, Alberta

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I could be wrong but, all you need to know can be found by viewing the web site.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin