Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,918   Posts: 1,556,420   Online: 1169

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

donald.. check out the apple software and see if there is something that will work for u.
    also, i dont know what is the economical state wheere u live, but here in israel we have lots of unimployed computer people, so many of them or many students will be happy to do the job for relatively low price. thats what im planning to do the as soon as i will free my time only for photo and start to build a digital place of my own..lol
    victor

Shooter
    Large Format
    Thanks Gary, Victor, and Mike,

Mike this sure looks like what I need. I will try to determine which of these offerings will work for what I want. Do you have any recommendations? Thanks for your help.

Images
    I did my web site in Flash. Not much that you can't do with it. I also did a multi platform CD in Director.

The Devil is in the learning curve.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don, for a powerpoint presentation to be self executing you need to save it as a .pps (from memory) file. The person viewing does need Powerpoint on their system though, which may not really be suitable. You'll be better off with a program that does it independant of a main application. I was looking for one the other day I have here somewhere (I'm sure I have numerous) but couldn't find it! I'm going to check out Mike's link

Also, if you're going to be handing/sending these out, depending on the size of your files, etc you can buy small CD's (8cm) or even credit card CD's that hold less than a full sized CD but if you're data can fit on them, they are a nifty way of sending someone something.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Nige, Mike, and Neal...

Thank you. I have downloaded a trial version of a slide show presentation. This does what I want it to do at this point. It is a self executing program in which my cover page opens and then progresses through my images with a transition of a couple of seconds between images.

As I get further into this I may want to customize this more completely to make the presentation more professional. However at this point this seems to be a nice way to get one's images into public awareness.

Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don,

Glad it was of some help. Do not have any personal experience with any, but seemed to be the best I could find doing a google search and bookmarked it for myself. Understand what you want, wanting to something similar for family album and had not found much until now that would do slide show, plus the extras, which some of these do. Which one did you try? Keep updated on how it works out.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mike, I downloaded the evaluation of Photodex Pro Gold. This allows me to have an opening page and then a slide show with varying delays that transition into the next image. I would like to have the ability to cover some information in addition to images. This would be information on sizing, pricing, contact information. I these instances I covered this information in a cover letter mailed with the cd. The program is straightforward in it's use. The only problem is the evaluation banner splashed across the bottom of the screen...but that will be O.K. for this instance. Thanks again for your guidance.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Don,

Did a little testing with ProShow Gold, download takes a while with a 28.8 dial up connection. If you have Microsoft Power Point, you could create a "slide" with the bio info and maybe a price list, then save as a jpeg rather than a power point file. I would save it to a folder where you have the images you want to include in the presentation, then just add the power point slide (jpeg image) to the slide show.

You may have already figured this out, but just in case I thought I would mention it. Looks pretty good for what it does.

Let me know if you have any questions (by the way you can do the same thing, though it may not look as nice with Microsoft Paint).

Thanks,
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Mike,

Thanks...I hadn't thought of combining the two. Yes, I do have Powerpoint. I have just used the evaluation program of ProShow Gold to this point. I sent out a couple of cds made with that program today (one to a gallery and one to Lee) I want some feedback on this before I commit to a purchase.

Additionally another Apug member mentioned that he had done a presentation cd using html code. He has an autolaunch command worked out using that method. I have Frontpage and so I could do that as well. Most everyone has a means to read html in their computer and that should be pretty universal in application as well.

Thanks again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That autolaunch is interesting, did he say what it was?
    Gary Beasley

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin