Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,727   Posts: 1,515,142   Online: 1107

Shooter
    Medium Format

Dry mounting tissue in Belgium (or Europe ?)

Hello !

I'm having quite a hard time finding a supplier of dry mounting tissue in Belgium. Something in Europe would be fine too.

I'm looking for Bienfang Fusion 4000 ideally, but any other non-acid and removable dry mount tissue is ok.

Do you know where to look ?

Thanks !

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Xandros View Post
    I'm having quite a hard time finding a supplier of dry mounting tissue in Belgium. Something in Europe would be fine too.
    You could try Preservation Equipment in the UK. Otherwise the only places I know are in the US, Talas or University Products, which is the company I use.

Have you spoken to Martin Reed at Silverprint?

Keith.
    Keith Taylor
    Platinum, Photogravure and Historic Process Editions
    Website | Weblog | Google+ | Facebook
    2011 Minnesota Center for Book Arts/Jerome Foundation Mentorship Program recipient

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Keith!

I actually am investigating your technique I discovered on unblikingeye...

Thanks for the links, i'll have a look ! Do you maybe know of any lower-quality cheaper but still removable tissue I could use while i'm still experimenting ?

thanks !

PS. AgX from Germany nicely pointed me out this thread on the Dutch speaking forum ...
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum76/5...sue-belgi.html
    Last edited by Xandros; 09-16-2009 at 09:20 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Do you maybe know of any lower-quality cheaper but still removable tissue I could use while i'm still experimenting ?
    I'm afraid I don't. The main reason I use Fusion 4000, besides it being removable, is that it's archival. So I never researched any other products.
    Keith Taylor
    Platinum, Photogravure and Historic Process Editions
    Website | Weblog | Google+ | Facebook
    2011 Minnesota Center for Book Arts/Jerome Foundation Mentorship Program recipient

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Hello !

I'm looking for Bienfang Fusion 4000 ideally, but any other non-acid and removable dry mount tissue is ok.

Do you know where to look ?

Thanks !
    I get it from www.freestylephoto.biz
    It's cheap and good due to the dollar/euro conversion

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Light Impressions in the US has a full line of archival preservation materials. I had been dry mounting for some time but have stopped unless requested because if something happens to the mat ie. climate stains there goes your piece. I now use archival corners that come in a couple of sizes. They are called Clearhold Corners and are much less costly than the dry mount tissue. The press still comes in handy to flatten prints. I also print platinum/palladium and digitally which should not be dry mounted so the corners serve me well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin