Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,489   Online: 1022

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    My tacking iron is Teflon coated..Evan Clarke

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I think they started coating them with Teflon maybe in the 70's, or by the 80's for sure. Mine is coated, and I got it in the early 80's, but remember using naked ones in college, early 70's, but then, we were all hippies.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The best way is to use release paper. If you ever come to Phoenix let me know and I'll hook you up with some.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thx for the additional info guys.
    SI thanks for the offer. We do get up from time to time, but were usually pulling the 5th wheel and hate to get off the big roads.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Go to a hobby store specializing in model airplanes, and get an iron used to iron covering on the wings. It'll be teflon coated, and cost less than a dedicated "photo" iron.

John Clark
    www.johndclark.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    John,
    I just did a quick google, and came up with a couple of things for about 20 bucks more or less. I'll look into that. Great idea.
    Thanks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin