Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,148   Online: 939

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Keeton Mat Cutter???

Is anyone familiar with a Keeton Mat cutter? It looks very solid, and the price is right! It's also very old....I attached a bad picture.

Louie
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails DSCN5416.jpg  

DAP

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Keeton cutters are GREAT. They are all pretty old and can be finicky (need to keep them clean), but they are still well regarded by framers. I have one with a Hendrixson head on it and wouldn't sell it. They are perfect for DIY printers. The one you have pictured looks like it has all the goodies (square, stops, etc)...snap it up and don't think twice (and if you pass on it I call second dibs - seriously ). One thing to watch for is bad chrome. Apparently they must have made a large batch w/ chrome that flakes pretty easy.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    I, too have heard that they are the be all end all of mat cutters. I haven't laid my hands on one and happen to love my die hard old aluminum Fletchers, but the only other ones I've used are the little 30" tabletop Logan (a good small cutter) and a professional C&H (had a chip board base...prone to warpage).

Like DAP said, KEEP IT CLEAN (cover it with a dust cover when not in use), and wipe it down periodically and it will give you many years of good service.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin