Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,699   Posts: 1,482,615   Online: 807

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

My new site - any thoughts welcome

Hello all, I've just started my small place on the web. It's quite basic, and needs content and more work added. My web building skills need work as well, I made the design as simple as I could.

www.michaelsalomon.net

and please disregard the purchase link - I realize that apug frowns upon hybrid stuff - my work constitutes both wet and devil prints (inkjet) I'm just not set up to offer darkroom work yet and i'm working out all the details. please bear that in mind and thank you for your time.

if anyone would rather me post this at hybrid, let me know and I'll delete and apologies for the troubles.

Mike
    Last edited by ndlshootsfilm; 11-24-2009 at 11:00 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: additional info

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Looks good, nice work too.

There is a hint of Bill Schwab's website in it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey Michael:

I think its GREAT.. VERY CLEAN - Simple and just GREAT !!

Myself I am very happy that your are shooting on film and if your workflow from there is hybrid then GREAT.

Very nice photos and a very clean site - NO FLASH BS... Just good clean work !!

Thanks

Scott
    Scott Sheppard
    Inside Analog Photo
    http://www.insideanalogphoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simple design, easy to navigate, but the large "thumbnails" take a very long time to load on my dsl connection. I also kept clicking on them because I wanted to see them bigger.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Scott and david thank you both for your time. David - You are right, Bill SChwab is a
    big influence on me, but the similarities are not intentional (I mean web styles, not putting myself in the same category) I just have poor dreamweaver skills. When I learn more, I'll be making the site more my own style. Thanks again.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    wildbill - thank you for looking, you are right about the thumbnails, i'm working on that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hey Michael,

Site is excellent so is your work. As others have said, simple, clean and easy to navigate....

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Michael, I think the work is very beautiful. I'm glad you're working on the thumbnails because work that nice would be great to see a bit bigger.
    Really nicely done.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I can only add what others have already said -- the only dischordant note is that I assumed a bigger version of these wonderful images could be seen by clicking on them...alas, no.

I'd add that, really. As thumbnails, it's actually pretty cool to see them this size -- it would just be really REALLY cool to see them larger. After all, you did make high-res scans of them, as you said in your "About" section.

The layout is really clean and simple, which I also just love.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Stylish website, great pictures.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin