Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,276   Posts: 1,534,733   Online: 881

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images

Revamped website

Did a redesign on my website. Have lots more to do but would appreciate any CC.

http://www.ericrose.com

Thanks
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I love your images. Excellant work.

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Initial reaction - Find the text difficult to read. An off-white font on a black background does not help. Increasing the font size doesn't help much..
    But at least you don't use that flash stuff

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Eric, good work, tough navigation. It's next to impossible to figure out how to advance thru images within a gallery. Personally, I'd like to see the work take center stage, and the text, a backseat.
    Michael Sebastian
    Website | Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeSeb View Post
    Eric, good work, tough navigation. It's next to impossible to figure out how to advance thru images within a gallery. Personally, I'd like to see the work take center stage, and the text, a backseat.
    thanks Mike. you just need to click on one of the images and that opens up the nav stuff.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    keep the comments coming. I won't change anything until I get everyone's feedback. thanks again for taking the time to look and comment.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Hello Eric...

Your website seems to be optimised for MS Internet Explorer. I tried it w/ Mozilla Firefox and pages weren't rendered correctly. When viewing photos, those with landscape orientation were chopped at the right side and the main menu also changed placement from left to top, depending on the browser used. I think you'd better correct it.

The controls used at the portfolios (blue buttons) don't match with the palette of the rest of the site; grey ones would be better IMHO. Their white outline doesn't help either.

The header seems to be large and results in unnecessary scrolling. I have a 19'' monitor with 1280x1024 resolution; I think there's room for improvement there. The menu doesn't help with it either. Taking the menu (Home, Industrial Folio, Landscape Folio, And there was Light Folio...) to the far left will probably leave enough space for the photos.

As Paul said, some people will have problem reading the mid grey text on a black background, maybe you should brighten it a bit. For the record, I find it perfectly readable.

Hope it helps.

PS Congratulations for not using Flash.

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post

Thanks
    Well, I kind of like the setup. The off-white text looks fine on my screen. Navigation seemed easy enough to me.

My picky objections would go towards the punctuation and typography. That may need a bit of work. An editor said to me once: "If you're old enough to put two spaces behind a period, you're old enough to know better."
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post

Thanks
    I'm using Safari. The three tabs ("Folios", "About Me" & "Contact") is overlapped by the box underneath that contain the Main Menu/Main Screen. However, everything works fine. The photos are crystal clear, sharp.... very nice. I like when I move the cursor over a photo and instantly see info about the photo. Every page, every photo loaded up really fast. I like the black background. Nice job.

-Marc

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Interesting comment about Firefox as that's the browser I used when I developed it. Works fine for me for both IE and FF. I don't have Safari. Ralph I agree with you. Those "sprinkles" as I call them just kill me. Fortunately for the books I have written I have good people to catch all of that LOL.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin