Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,821   Posts: 1,581,706   Online: 982

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Aluminium frames, passepartouts and labeling

Christmas time, that means I can sell some prints... not just prints but framed.

How do you label your prints? I thought about writing with a fine pen on the passepartout at the bottom side, directly below the picture. Is that usual? Is it a good idea - I can probably not correct anything that I write on that cardboard?

The other question is more a tinkerer problem. I purchased some brush-finished aluminium frames a while ago for some big exhibitions and would like to re-use them as I have too many of those... but now I found out that many of them have some stain or, even worse, scratches. It's not blank, glossy aluminium but "brush-finished", e.g. sort of matt de luxe. I tried a "Läufer Clean", a natural rubber eraser, it cleans well, but it does not make scratches invisible. Any idea how to polish such scratches without creating glossy areas?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images
    Hello, most people use a pencil to write on the matboard.

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin