Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,973   Posts: 1,558,715   Online: 744

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Typical mat for me is 12x16" paper (290x390mm image cutout) in 16x20" (400x500mm). With uniform edges, that would be 55mm per edge. I use 55mm sides, 60mm bottom and 50mm top and it looks quite balanced.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarvman View Post
    The problem I have is that if I position the window off centre then the top border will be smaller than the two sides. Would this matter less to you? Do you think its necessary for the top border and the two side borders to be equal to each other? It's something I'm going to have to forgo if I want my mount to remain 16x20" and have a larger space at the bottom.
    Not nice to have the top smaller than the sides, but vertically centered is worse. You may have to go to larger mats to avoid these issues. I mount trimmed 11x14 paper on 18x22 mats.
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin