Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,326   Posts: 1,536,955   Online: 1203

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just picked up an Omega MediaCut rotary trimmer, 24 in. and it is nice. Was using a 12 in. Dahle, OK, but cheap and nothing like the Omgea. BTW, the Omega was much less than the Rotatrim, but I must say the Rotatrim is very nice. Have used a metal straight edge and X acto as well, fresh blade is the key with this and a steady hand, I used a clamp to hold the straight edge.
    Mike C

Rambles

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Rotatrim Mastercut II. If you make the investment your cutting wheel will be sharp and last for decades. Don't judge the concept by an abused institutional model. The Rotatrim comes with a sliding stop which assures that all 4 edges will be square. Just mount the tissue a little eccentric, so it doesn't overhang on one edge. Make your first cut 90 degress to that edge and all the others will be square. I also have a Logan mat cutter but visibility is poor and damage to the print can occur.
    I too like to float my prints, and there is no better way to do it than the Rotatrim.

Elmo Schmidlapp
    Director of Marketing
    The Rotatrim Corporation

Not.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Deckled Edge
    Rotatrim Mastercut II. If you make the investment your cutting wheel will be sharp and last for decades. Don't judge the concept by an abused institutional model. The Rotatrim comes with a sliding stop which assures that all 4 edges will be square. Just mount the tissue a little eccentric, so it doesn't overhang on one edge. Make your first cut 90 degress to that edge and all the others will be square. I also have a Logan mat cutter but visibility is poor and damage to the print can occur.
    I too like to float my prints, and there is no better way to do it than the Rotatrim.
    I'm with Edge - I purchased a Rotatrim about a year ago, and I have not damaged a print since. With the ruler/exacto-knife routine, I had troubles keeping the corners square.

If you do get a Rotatrim, do make sure you get the double-rail version.

It's a purchase that you'll only make once in your lifetime.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Instead of the Xacto type cutter, I use a small utility knife which uses break-off blade segments. Keeping a sharp edge just requires breaking off the used section with whatever available (I use needle-nose pliers). Been doing this figuratively forever and rarely have an accident.

dr bob.
    I love the smell of fixer in the morning. It smells like...creativity!
    Truly, dr bob.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin