Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,147   Online: 842

Shooter
    35mm

Pre-cut mat boards - UK/Europe?

I'm looking for a reliable source of pre-cut 4/8 ply archival mat boards, but all such services seem to be US-based. Could anybody recommend an Old World supplier?

Thanks in advance

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In the UK "The Range" carry pre-cut matt board but it's probably not archival.

Any good framing supplier should be able to cut whatever you want for a reasonable price.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Here in Dublin there is no such thing as 'reasonable price' for any service I'm afraid ;-) Will neet to ask anyway, I guess... Perhaps I'll end up buying the mats online and cutting them here. I just wonder if they have equipment for the 8ply....

Lodima Archival Materials ships mat board overseas all the time. We have 4-ply and 8-ply and can cut custom sizes at no extra charge. And we can cut overmats with our computerized mat cutter. There are no minimum quantities.

See http://www.superiorarchivalmats.com/sam/index.html for more information

Our URL will change soon to LodimaArchivalMaterials

Michael A. Smith

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I used this company years ago to cut mounts for an exhibition. http://www.borderframes.co.uk/

I think there was a minimum order of 50, (all the same size) but they did a great job and very well priced. I can't remember the price, but was supplied with 16x20 cut mounts and backing boards of the same archival mount board. I've also used a company in Glasgow called Picturemounts a while back back can't find a reference for them.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Another good UK supplier is Lion Picture Framing Supplies in Birmingham, I've used them for around 25 years, they are a trade wholesaler so extremely competitive in price.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I've found the only reliable way to make mounts is to cut them myself. It's not difficult with something like a Logan cutter, much cheaper if you can track down a picture frame supplier (mouldings, glass, board etc) A sheet of conservation board is approx £3. The advantage of these big sheets is there is the board left for a smaller mount from the cutout of a bigger one.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You may try Monochrom. They specialize in archival presentation stuff.

Ulrich

Shooter
    35mm
    You may check out Pre Cut Mats @ BDmatboard. They have wide collections of matboards.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin