Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,617   Online: 724

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm

seems like everyone else is too expensive

seems like everyone else is too expensive :o

my pricing structure:

first one $ = " of long side
    after first, $ = " of short side
    for each image of each size

example 6 prints of image "A" at 5 x 7 = $32

2 prints of image "A" at 8 x 10 = $18

total = $50
    Kodak Duaflex II with kodet lens
    N75 N8008s D60
    Yashica - D
    Only a photographer knows the true value of infinity

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    My 16x20 C-Prints sell for $1200.
    www.gregorytdavis.com

Did millions of people suddenly disappear? This may have an answer.

"No one knows that day or hour, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father." -Matthew 24:36

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have had prints up for sale only a few times. This is what the place charged (in inches, and U.S. dollars, unmounted and unframed, signed limited edition prints)"

Prints on 5x7 paper: $60
    ...8x10 paper: $100
    ...11x14 paper: $200
    ...16x20 paper: $500
    ...20x24 paper: $800

Remember that galleries take a huge chunk of this (40% where I have put stuff up), so the prices are "high" in my book.

I sold three color 20x24s (a one-off series of three related images for $2,000), and the entire limited edition of five black and white 15x15s, at two separate shows. (Kept the wall display print for mahself, and it is on my wall.) Strangely enough, when I put up smaller (AKA cheaper) prints of the work that I really consider to be my best at a third show, not one sold. Lots of compliments, but no sales. All 35mm hand held stuff; journalistic, diaristic, road travel, street, nightclubs, etc. Guess it is the kind of stuff that is fun to look at, but not something you would want on your wall. This sort of stuff I am going to start putting into books instead. Gallery walls are not where it belongs, IMO. Bad decision putting it up, but they offered the space and that is what I had been working on, so up it went. People love that IMO pretty unimpressive large-scale fine art shit that many people can do well, but have little love for the really great and difficult to make journalistic shots.
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    Ian, is that matted and mounted or print only?
    Usually un-matted, but I'll cut the matt & mount them for a nominal amount - to cover costs & time, or arrange for matting/framing if requested at cost.

Sometimes I'll throw in matting/mounting if someone's buying more than one image, and I have in the past sold sets of prints ready matted.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I sell 7x7" prints through the coop gallery I belong to for $150, matted and framed. Interestingly, I have recently begun exhibiting 10x10 prints there for $200 and the bigger ones are selling better. I would like to get about twice that much for them, but the city I live just does not seem to support a higher price. I guess you have to get what you can.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    I have had prints up for sale only a few times. This is what the place charged (in inches, and U.S. dollars, unmounted and unframed, signed limited edition prints)"

Prints on 5x7 paper: $60
    ...8x10 paper: $100
    ...11x14 paper: $200
    ...16x20 paper: $500
    ...20x24 paper: $800

Remember that galleries take a huge chunk of this (40% where I have put stuff up), so the prices are "high" in my book.

I sold three color 20x24s (a one-off series of three related images for $2,000), and the entire limited edition of five black and white 15x15s, at two separate shows. (Kept the wall display print for mahself, and it is on my wall.) Strangely enough, when I put up smaller (AKA cheaper) prints of the work that I really consider to be my best at a third show, not one sold. Lots of compliments, but no sales. All 35mm hand held stuff; journalistic, diaristic, road travel, street, nightclubs, etc. Guess it is the kind of stuff that is fun to look at, but not something you would want on your wall. This sort of stuff I am going to start putting into books instead. Gallery walls are not where it belongs, IMO. Bad decision putting it up, but they offered the space and that is what I had been working on, so up it went. People love that IMO pretty unimpressive large-scale fine art shit that many people can do well, but have little love for the really great and difficult to make journalistic shots.
    Man, you need to be in New York. You just don't seem to have that laid back, SoCal attitude.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Large Format
    the last print i sold through a gallery was a matted/framed 8x10
    ( mat was 8ply frame was 16x20 ) and it was $300.
    that was a few years ago and the print was hand printed &C.
    these days i am having my work printed in a different way
    and it is more affordable so more people can enjoy it ..
    i can't really say where or how it is printed ... but the place
    that is selling them for me will mat/frame things for the buyer as well.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I sell 11"x14" matted to 16"x20" silver gelatin and colour digital C-prints for $300-$350

Shooter
    35mm
    Mine are worth thousands, but you can get them for hundreds.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Mine are worth thousands, but you can get them for hundreds.
    "Priceless"

I was thinking along the same lines as you!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin