Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,550   Posts: 1,544,737   Online: 981

Shooter
    8x10 Format

Wooden frames that I bought

Hi:

I recently bought 22 wooden frames, a mix of custom and standard sizes from 11"x13" up to 28"x34". I got a walnut stain with a satin finish. The profile of the frame is very nice: a 3/4" lip on the front that does not intrude into the image and the frame depth is 1.25" which stands well away from the wall. The joints are very well done, all corners meet perfectly. The stain quality is very consistent and the finish quality is very smooth and satiny.

I have a lot of work to put them together, but I did put in one of my black and white Brett Westons and it looks just beauitful. These frames are just stunning in person! No picture can do them justice.

I first saw b&w photographs in walnut frames some years ago in a travelling show of Edward Weston's work and they were very elegant. I wanted the same look in my house.

I can highly recommend these frames and the company that I got them from. I placed the order online and they were done and shipped the following day! Customer Service was really on the ball and kept in touch with me on the phone and via email.

The company is Frame Destination and their site is

http://www.framedestination.com

I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for quality frames, these truly are gallery quality.

Standard disclaimer: I don't work there, I don't know anyone there, I am not an investor and I don't get a toaster if anyone orders anything. I just want to share a great purchasing experience!

Thanks.

-R

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Mark Rogers - (president of Frame Destination) is a member of APUG, and I have the same experience with them. Prompt, reasonably priced, and good quality. If you ever have a problem, I get the sense that you can call and talk to Mark (I have, but not about problems, just to say hello to a fellow APUGger.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I'm still waiting for them to ship to Canada.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Frame Destination is a first rate (in every aspect) company to deal with. I typically buy frames with 8 ply mats that are perfectly executed and priced quite reasonably.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin