Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,506   Online: 1037

Shooter
    Multi Format

Looking for inexpensive mat, backing, and poly bags

I am trying to find an INEXPENSIVE online place to purchase poly bags with seal by themselves and mat + backing + poly bag combination. These are the ones often used to sell unframed photographs and art works at stores and art show stands. I need them to be cheap for they will be used to give away some of my photos and I don't expect people to use them them for actual framing. Photos just look better when presented this way.

Thanks as always.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I have bought such bags that come with a piece of foamcore, but they also have the mats...

http://www.clearbags.com/clearbags-1...-show-kit.html

For 11x14 mats with window on their cheapest mat board (Cresent), with backing and poly bag it works out to be about $3.50 each.
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I cannot help with bags, but I buy all of my foamcore, mounting and mat board from Dick Blick Art Supply in Illinois. I buy museum grade board, but I know they also have less archival (therefore less expensive) lines as well. I also buy full size sheets and cut them myself. I think board is a little cheaper this way rather than paying them to cut your boards. www.dickblick.com is their address, I believe.

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you both!
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is the cheapest place for all of my matting/backing.

http://www.framingsupplies.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This place may have something from time to time: http://www.sciplus.com/category.cfm/.../7/category/82

Though the ones they show currently have a colored band that would not be good for photographs.

There may be a surplus type store local to you that has similar items.

fdi
    Shooter
    35mm
    I am the owner, so I am biased of course, but my company sells bags from www.clearbags.com but we sell them for a little less, and we sell the larger ones in 10 packs. We also sell mats and backing in archival and less expensive non archival versions. Our volume discounts are very large at qty 25. I am not sure how are mat prices compare to clearbags.

Cheers,
    Mark

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fdi View Post
    I am the owner, so I am biased of course, but my company sells bags from www.clearbags.com but we sell them for a little less, and we sell the larger ones in 10 packs. We also sell mats and backing in archival and less expensive non archival versions. Our volume discounts are very large at qty 25. I am not sure how are mat prices compare to clearbags.

Cheers,
    Mark
    I am simply a very occasional customer, but Mark's service, selection and price put him over the top in my book. I buy a lot from Dick Blick (35 years of teaching art) and I love their stuff, but I was happier buying mats, frames and glass as a precut and packaged deal from Mark for my photographs. Sometimes easier is better. I cut quite a few mats (see above comment on 35 years, etc.) and I always manage to screw up enough to make the process expensive, but then, I'm not the most careful guy around.

Just sayin'...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin