Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,952   Posts: 1,522,728   Online: 882

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Just agreed on dates for first exhibition

Hi,

I've just agreed dates for my first (small) exhibition. A chance to display a series of cyanotype prints of images taken in my local area, to the rest of the community.

Now, all I need to do is go out and start taking the pictures - the exhibition is in May and although it is only small, I have a horrible feeling that won't take long to come round!

Cheers,
    David.
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No it won't, get to work!! Good luck!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    David,

Congratulations.
    Savor the moment.
    Wish I could be there.

John Powers

Shooter
    Pinhole
    Images
    Congratulations! Don't forget the fun part!

Anne

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Anne, it'll all be fun!

I'm creating my shot list and plan to go out with my 14 year old daughter (who is just getting into photography) to take the pictures. I'll be out with my 18x24 FKD, and I'm not sure what she'll be using - either the 35mm or the D1.

Either way, I'm hoping it will be a lot of fun, and probably a bit of a learning experience!

Cheers,
    David.
    Creative Image Maker e-magazine is back! Find out more at http://creativeimagemaker.blogspot.com

Thank you.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dude, that's great news. You've overpromised. Now just don't underdeliver. Congratulations. Something like this has been in mind for a while now so I guess I have to get on the stick. Can't be shown up be a British former mag editor or nothin'.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    That is great, David! Good that you're are keeping it "small". Make more prints than you need, then you can afford to edit out the few that always seem to be not as strong as the rest. Are you going to do anything crazy like hand-make cyanotype show invitations?

I had a year lead time for my first solo show. And it seems I used most of that time, except for the 4 or 5 months in the summer that I works out in the wilderness. I ended up with 33 prints hung (8x20 and 16x20 enlarged silver gelatin prints.) I was living in a house that only had one room (other than the kitchen and bathroom) which was 3 meters by 4 meters, so I was basically living in a framing shop for a long while (I slept in the attic). Hopefully you have more space to work in!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris: good to hear from you! Did you get the email I sent you just the other day? You'll soon have time to do your own show too

Vaughn: hi there, hope you're keeping well. Handmade cyanotype invites... hmmm... you got me thinking now! I don't have much more space, but then my prints don't have to be 16x20, or more! However, I can see that there's going to be a few late nights, it's just after 11pm here and I'm about to go mix some Potassium Ferricyanide, etc. up to coat some paper for tomorrow.

I'm also trying to get a show down in France as well; to date, most of my prints are from images shot down in the Ardeche. I'm down there again in a few weeks, so I'm trying to sort out a meeting to discuss options for that too.

Cheers,
    David.

Thank you.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah, I got it David. Haven't taken the oportunity to reply yet but I pretty much expected what you wrote. Still a small sigh of relief I suppose. But I want to see some sort of clipping on a review. I would love to make it in person but that's not in the economical cards at this time. I'll be there in spirit nonetheless.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin